Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-02-2020, 02:45 PM   #29

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReidGreh View Post
Hello Alpine Owners Group,

I am considering the purchase of an Alpine and there are no service records available. This makes me a tad uneasy and as such I would like to speak to the previous owner(s). The dealer is a small independent car dealer and won't or can't provide the previous owners info.

I do have the VIN. Is there anyway I can get in touch with the previous owner if they belonged to the Alpine Owners Group on here.

I would really like to join y'all but want to do it judiciously. I did send out a mechanic to look at the unit. There were a number of concerns - the one that really troubles me was the wrong coolant reported as green vs. red. I'm worried about sleeve erosion of course. If it hasn't been in too long my concern would be mitigated.

Staying on point here - I would really like to track down the previous owner.

Your thoughts would be appreciated.
Have you looked at Tom and Pattys 2000 36FDS for sale?
Priced right and you won't find one nicer or better taken care of in that price range. Lots of updates done.
Yes, it's in Indiana, but you seem to be ok traveling long distance. Food for thought.
2000 Alpine 36 FDS #74058
04 Jeep Wrangler TJ
"On the road to find out..."
Alpine36 is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-03-2020, 09:55 AM   #30

Triple E Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine36 View Post
Have you looked at Tom and Pattys 2000 36FDS for sale?
Priced right and you won't find one nicer or better taken care of in that price range. Lots of updates done.
Yes, it's in Indiana, but you seem to be ok traveling long distance. Food for thought.
Hello Alpine36,

I agree with you and have reached out to Tom and Patty 2x's with no response. I may need Private Messaging 101 remedial training. I drove right through Indianapolis on last weekends big adventure and would have loved to see their unit.

I will try to PM you on here with my phone number and perhaps you could get in touch with Tom and Patty if you have their contact info. At a minimum you can let me know that the PM got to you. Appreciating you in advance - Neil
ReidGreh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 10:12 AM   #31

IIRC, it is necessary to put something in the “title” section of a PM in order for the message to deemed acceptable for sending.

It is also possible to correspond with them at the bottom of their ad.
RVPioneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 09:17 PM   #32

Alpine Owners Club
Gents, thanks for the help. I checked my PMs but nothing was there.

Neil "Reidgreh" got hold of me today.

This is the best group! Like I said, ya'll better learn about Blue Birds

BTW we got our plate for the Bird today
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	thumbnail.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	280246