Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-29-2019, 11:52 AM   #1

Losing Air

I posted here a couple of weeks ago that I was/am on a mouse safari. I have glue traps and mechanical traps everywhere. no luck!!

Now for the real fun, he/she/it chewed a hole in the air line running to the front airbags and height adjuster etc. I found the hole, it is 3-4" back from the bulkhead in the frame rail by the water tank on the drivers side. I can feel the hole!! I'm guessing that the air line feeds the bags and the height adjuster and that is entirely separate from the passenger side valve.

My plan at this point is to splice a new piece of hose onto the old hose in the basement where it is accessible and put a new end on it where it terminates.

I will buy enough hose to reach wherever it is that it terminates, cut the hose in the basement, attach a string to the old hose and (try to) pull it out from the front. If that fails I will feed the new hose through the bulkhead and run it out of the way as best I can and splice it and reconnect.

I will have to cut a few ty wraps to get it to pull but most of them were cut when I changed my heater hoses.

A couple of questions, does the air line run straight to the ride height adjust or the airbag? What type of hose is it, it seems to be fairly hard plastic that shouldn't kinked or flattened in any way. Is it readily available and are splices and fittings made to be installed with hand tools and not crimpers etc.

The fun never ends,
Thanks, Terry
Terry W is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-29-2019, 01:00 PM   #2

Hopefully the blast of air pressure blew the critters intestines out.
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 01:12 PM   #3

Alpine Owners Club
The line goes to the ride height valve and then from that valve on to the dump valve and and air bag. The plastic air line is DOT air brake line. It should be easy to find and can be spliced with push to connect fitting. You can get them on Ebay, Amazon or Napa.
c_oneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 01:50 PM   #4

Alpine Owners Club
It may be nearly as easy to replace the entire nylon tube. Tubing is not expensive. All four air bag lines (as well as the air horn and e-brake line) originate at a single manifold up underneath the coach floor just inboard of the passenger side frame rail. It is behind the waste tank bulkhead in the area of the differential. Be careful working under the coach and use jack/blocks to support.
c_oneil is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air