Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-25-2021, 03:02 PM   #1

Main Slide Not going out

Does anyone have a part number for the Hydraulic valve that controls the out portion of the main slide
Nopork is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-25-2021, 03:39 PM   #2

Alpine Owners Club
The Part Numbers for the Solenoid Valves HWH RAP90729, RAP42632, AP24604. Remember there is are extend and retract solenoids. Both solenoids must open when the rooms extend and retract. Why do you think the solenoid is bad? It could be one of several things besides a valve. I know from experience that the if you forget to drop the jacks the room slides will not extend. I have attached a photo of the updated solenoid that HWH uses.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	HWH Solenoid.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	142.8 KB
ID:	333599  
Dave Fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2021, 10:02 AM   #3

Solenoid

Well I always the jacks down first, however I can hear the motor running just don’t fill the solenoid clicking or anything nothing moving all the other slides work as expected. I am trying to figure it out. What else could it be.
Nopork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2021, 03:38 PM   #4

I’m thinking not all model years require jacks down for slide deployment. It is the recommended method for our coaches and this observation doesn’t solve anyone’s problem. Just some additional info.
Kid Gloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2021, 05:03 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nopork View Post
I am trying to figure it out. What else could it be.
Recently I had the following problem. Although it was the wardroom slide it might give you an idea. When I would energize the slide via the rocker switch the pump would turn on but the slide would not move. Turns out the switch is DPDT. One set of contacts turns on the pump whether you press extend or retract. The other set of contacts energizes the extend or retract solenoid depending on the position of the rocker switch.

You can disconnect the pigtail on the extend solenoid and check for voltage while someone energizes the rocker switch in the extend position to verify the switch is working. Again this is a 2006 and was a wardroom slide not the living room slide. Good Luck.
Old 06-27-2021, 07:03 PM   #6

Rick is on the right track. An easy test is swap bedroom slide switch for main slide
If it works then it is your switch. Both switches are the same and wrv ran full amps thru switch so contacts get worn
Old 06-28-2021, 08:07 AM   #7

Alpine Owners Club
Sandy, how do you remove one of those big rocker switches? I’ve got one that I’d like to reposition but afraid of breaking something.
bcbowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 01:57 PM   #8

Switches

The carling switch has small tabs on the narrow ends of switch. If you can get behind you can pinch these and push up on switch to remove. From front you can pry gently back and forth on each end to lift. Western cut switch holes a little tight so that will increase resistance for removal. Pm me I can sent you a picture of switch
Old 06-28-2021, 02:27 PM   #9

on Ours, Only LR and Genny Slides are hydraulic. The BR Closet is electric.
Old 06-29-2021, 04:43 PM   #10

I have had an issue in the past with the switch on the front console. Get a new switch or redo the connections under the switch panel. Should be fine after that..hope this is your issue..good luck
NV_Alpine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 12:02 PM   #11

Unhappy Extend not moving after pump replaced

Hi. I saw your post about your slide not extending. I have a 2006 Four Winds Hurricane 33H with levelling jacks and one main slide out. Everything stopped working recently and i found out the pump was bad, which I have replaced. The jacks work great. The slide was stuck half way out and with the new pump i was able to retract on first attempt. It will not extend, the pump works but there is no movement or attempt for the slide to go out. Having done some reading I feel the extend solenoid is needing an adjustment or replacement. Please help? Thanks.
rdmutch1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide