Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-23-2016, 11:12 AM   #1

Master cylinder leaking

02 38'. My master cylinder is leaking fluid from rear of cylinder about half way up from bottom and left of brass plug. Is there a seal that can be replaced or new master cylinder. Also need part number if anybody has it and how hard is the replacement. Thanks Jack
Allante300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-23-2016, 12:09 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allante300 View Post
02 38'. My master cylinder is leaking fluid from rear of cylinder about half way up from bottom and left of brass plug. Is there a seal that can be replaced or new master cylinder. Also need part number if anybody has it and how hard is the replacement. Thanks Jack
I had a 93 Pace Arrow Diesel that had a leaking master cylinder. In the old days you could get rebuild kits but now a-days it's remove & replace. You should be able to track a new one down. I'm sure someone in the Alpine group will have an answer.

Robert
mchero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 07:27 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allante300 View Post
Do a search on Alpine Coach section for 'brake master cylinder'. There is hundreds of posts including part numbers and best sources. Word of caution, buy new. There is lots of rebuilt cylinders on ebay and amazon. I found rebuilt cylinders to be poorly done and dirty internally.
Beagle RC Air is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 02:14 PM   #4

Alpine Owners Club
You should be able to find a casting number on the old Master Cylinder and a good Truck Parts House should be able to find the replacement. Make sure you get it for a divorced reservoir. You must be able to bold the cap back on top of the master cylinder so you can plum the reservoir lines to the top of the M/C.
Dave Fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 06:38 PM   #5

Alante300, The numbers on my stock 03 M.C. that I replaced last year are.
2267A-------4932X both stamped on a flat on the M.C.
22390-15 Cast into the casting. It is a 2" bore primary and secondary M.C.
Changing the M.C. is strait forward, not too hard. Bleeding ALL the fluid out of the WHOLE system, that is another story. To bleed the outer cylinders you have to remove the wheels at least on the rear. Now that takes special tools AND a strong back. The Anti lock brake system is passive, you will be able to bleed right through that system as though it is not even there. I have recent experience with this project. I hope this helps. Ken L.
Ken L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 06:44 PM   #6

Hi Dave and Beagle. This is a thread that might help you Alante300.

Master Cylinder upgrade 03 Alpine

Search for this one early last year. Ken L.
Ken L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 09:22 AM   #7

Got the new master cylinder and now have it installed. It came with new switch. Bought a vacuum pump to blead brakes and all is well. Thanks for the help from this sight. Thanks Jack
Old 03-13-2016, 11:13 AM   #8

Curious--since the hydro-boost is in the same area as the leak--how did you isolate the M/C from the hydro-boost as the source of the leak?
New Braunfels, Texas
Old Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 08:32 PM   #9

The master cylinder is mounted behind the hydro boost. The fluid was leaking out the other end of M/C. The back side. The leak was a seal where the reservoir cover goes. Thanks Jack
Old 03-16-2016, 09:06 PM   #10

I am not trying to second guess your decision but think I would have tried to "attack" the leaking seal on the remote reservoir cover vs replacing the entire M/C. The good news is you have a new M/C with many miles of uninterrupted service ahead of you--peace of mind=priceless!
New Braunfels, Texas
Old Scout is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak