Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-21-2009, 11:03 AM   #1

Alpine Owners Club
Michelin Tires

Is anyone buying Michelin tires?

When we get home (SO CAL) from this trip (MI & OH) we are thinking about replacing our Goodyear 295/80 tires because of excessive wear & 35000 miles. We have had the front end aligned three times and the front passenger tire replaced and still have excessive wear.

After having a blow out on our '03 toyo tire (@34000 miles), we replaced the front tires with Michelin directional steering tires 295/80s and noticed what a nice, comfortable, quiet ride they gave.

We have seriously thought about going with Michelin tires for the quieter, comfortable ride. . We replaced the Perelli tires on our car with Michelin and couldn't believe how much more comfortable and quiet the ride was.

So again I ask - Is any one buying Michelin Truck tires for their motor home now?
#75710.
swansnest is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-21-2009, 01:21 PM   #2

Alpine Owners Club
Hi Tris & Carolyn,

We put Michelin on our 04, and loved them! I am sure we will replace our current Goodyear with Michelin when the time comes, but we are not quite there yet. Soon, though, as we are approaching 28,000 miles and are also experiencing wear, so let us know if you find a good deal somewhere!

Hope all is well in Ohio!!

Gail
gjstacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 10:02 PM   #3

Tris,

I bought Michelin tires for my '04 about 15K miles ago, and have been very happy with them so far. Not cheap, but I like them. I had Michelins on my class C years ago, and had great success with them.

I got the same size as the Toyos that came with the coach, 11R22.5, IIRC.
Old 07-27-2009, 08:00 AM   #4

Just replaced Goodyears with Michelins last month. So far, I agree with the comments - comfortable and quiet. Yes, they're pricey but it isnt like you have to do it every year.
Old 07-27-2009, 08:23 AM   #5
JC2

Texas Boomers Club
We will be replacing our (2) fronts this late fall and the (4) rears next spring with none other than Michelins. Have been very pleased with the current ones.
JC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 08:24 AM   #6

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
The Bridgestone that came on my truck I only got around 26 K miles out of them. They were smooth just did not get many miles. First time ever for a radial tire, I usually get over 40K. I replace them with Michelins and very happy. I did cut the side wall on the way to the National rally in Ohio. I got a replacement when I got home. The Michelins tires have 17 k on them and there is not much difference between the new tire and the ones that are older. I also put them on my fiver after the Goodyears blew out two of them. In two years on the fiver no trouble.
diandtom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 08:50 AM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Send a message via Yahoo to Rick Long
Costco has the best price... Most of their stores can only mount 19.5" and lower so if you have the 22's you'll have to get them mounted at a truck tire shop.
Rick Long is offline   Reply With Quote