Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-06-2019, 11:23 AM   #1

Mouse

How I spent my Forth!

I have a mouse running amuck in the basement and under the kitchen counter. I've tried traps with, peanut butter, cheese, dog treats and even a store bought can't miss totally irresistible mouse bait, no luck.

I tried glue traps, ditto, with the exception of the one I put in the basement right behind the front passenger side wheel. I finally found it laying on the hoses, wires etc above the inverter in the bin forward of the rear wheels. It was laying upside down and it had a TAIL attached to it, but no mouse!

I have all of my stuff out of the basement and I've removed all the carpeted dividers, that's how I found the disappearing glue trap/tail remover. I'm going to check at Lowe's and see if they have a HEAD removing glue trap.

My wife half jokingly suggested we have the MH tented. We are into our 5th day of our safari and frustration is setting in. I hate to resort to poison, but I'm leaning that way.

We are open to any and all suggestions!!

Thanks, Terry
Terry W is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-06-2019, 11:33 AM   #2

SMall glue traps don't work

LARGE glue traps do...and need to place them end to end/side by side so large area is covered.
Need to be against wall/side of cabinet etc (mouse travel next to items)
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 11:40 AM   #3

Peppermint oil, if you can stand the smell.
tdcolby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 11:51 AM   #4

Ratzappers

Green bait blocks outside by each tire put them in 1 1/4" pvc pipe about 1 foot long i add caps to mine with 3/4 holes keeps the coon from eating it.
ransil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 02:08 PM   #5

Cat?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	B1AA7827-0317-4543-87C4-B7DC85DF6A2D.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	399.4 KB
ID:	252360  
RVPioneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 09:40 AM   #6

My wife and I have had much success with the traps made by Ortho. It is a white plastic trap that works in similar fashion to the old wooden ones but seems to be more effective. It is also easier to set and to remove the critter after they have been caught. You can get them at Lowe's or HD.
Mocha Latte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 11:24 AM   #7

Weird, I just use the good old-fashioned wood ones and they work every time. I just had to do this after my last trip.
I'm thinking its the placement maybe, definitely need to be along a wall or edge of something that they are following. never take more than a day or two for me.
2005 Alpine 36FDDS #75268
MARYSVILLE, WA.
Jeep401 is offline   Reply With Quote