Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-20-2014, 12:26 PM   #1

My "new" Western Alpine

Very frustrated that my 40 foot 2002 western alpine did not come with a useful owners manual. Can anyone help with location of fuses for headlights, brakes, etc. Many thanks
Cap'n Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-20-2014, 12:36 PM   #2

You might try a search on Google
Old 03-20-2014, 12:41 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap'n Robert View Post
Very frustrated that my 40 foot 2002 western alpine did not come with a useful owners manual. Can anyone help with location of fuses for headlights, brakes, etc. Many thanks
WELCOME to iRV2.com, where we have an ALPINE forum HERE:
Alpine Coach Forum - iRV2 Forums

I'll ask a moderator to move your thread there, where you'll likely get help and make new friends.
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 01:33 PM   #4

Here is a link to the technical library for the Alpine. Alpine Coach - Technical Information
As far as fuses etc. they are normally behind the panel in front of the passenger seat. This panel pulls out. Others will probably jump in with more specifics on your model year as things changed from year to year.
Welcome aboard!
Algoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 05:40 PM   #5

Cap'n Robert, welcome aboard.
The link Algoma provided will be very useful for you. I suggest joining the Alpine Coach Association, they're a wealth of information and knowledge for these wonderful coaches.
Koop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 07:55 AM   #6

I am trying to find top for top ac unit mine blew off on last trip new or used Bob Slocum 2003 37ft fd
bslocum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 08:29 AM   #7

Alpine Owners Club
There are many online sources for the shroud including ordering one from Camping World or a local RV shop. Here is one source with a good price: Dometic Shrouds-stand alone page

You should be aware that those shrouds are notorious for breaking and coming loose thus eventually go flying off. I've lost 2 - shrouds before understanding the real problem and fixing it myself. Typically, the shroud is slightly larger than the AC frame to which it's attached. This situation causes the screws to pull in the edge of the shroud placing abnormal pressure on the material & the screws. The shroud will eventually break close to the screw and usually cause the screw(s) to come loose from wind & vibration (rolling earthquake!).

My personal remedy was to add 3/4" "D" shaped stick-on weather stripping from Lowe's around the frame to help make up for the extra space. I used #10 screws (slightly larger than original) with washers & lock washers. I added 2 - screws to both sides whereas the original screws are only on the ends. And finally, I used Loctite on each screw. I still have shrouds that are cracked but they've stayed on now for several years (knock on wood). I check them annually and have not observed any new problems. I intend to replace them but they're low on my project list as long as they stay on.

Just one idea ...
bcbowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 10:21 AM   #8

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bslocum View Post
I am trying to find top for top ac unit mine blew off on last trip new or used Bob Slocum 2003 37ft fd
Bob,

Send me a PM. I have an extra AC cover. It's my original, silver/gray color. I lost one on the way to St George, UT last year and got a replacement from a local RV Store, I think it was a Dometic Penguin, low profile, basic white. I then finally got a matching replacement for the other AC unit at my local Camping World. Therefore, I still have the original.
2005 Alpine 38FDTS, #75373
www.UrbanEscapeVehicle.com
Hobdendw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 10:54 AM   #9

Forest River Owners Club
Regarding avoiding the problem of having the shroud's blow off, my remedy was to install a large rubber washer (about 1" in diameter - from a plumber's universal washer assortment), then a large 1" stainless steel fender washer on top of that and then inserting the screw through them into the a/c frame. I had a couple of cracks around the screw holes before doing this and they have not cracked any further and the shrouds have stayed in place for a couple of years now with no problems. The "locktite" as used by Bob (as mentioned in his post above) is probably an excellent idea as I do have to tighten the screws on my shrouds a couple of times a year.
rdownward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 12:35 PM   #10

Bob
I have a shroud from my 2003 alpine painted beige
Pm me if I can help
Old 03-27-2014, 12:57 PM   #11

Thor Owners Club
DavisK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 05:20 PM   #12

David could you send me a picture I ordered one and it fits but does not match the one in back it is all rounded with know little ridge around it I dont care about color I can fix that THANKS B0b
Old 04-14-2014, 05:23 PM   #13

Could you send me picture if it looks like mine maybe we could make dealTHANKS Bob
Old 04-15-2014, 10:38 AM   #14

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bslocum View Post
David could you send me a picture I ordered one and it fits but does not match the one in back it is all rounded with know little ridge around it I dont care about color I can fix that THANKS B0b
Just saw your message… will try to get a picture in the next day or so. I have to go up into the attic where I have it stored.
2005 Alpine 38FDTS, #75373
www.UrbanEscapeVehicle.com
Hobdendw is offline   Reply With Quote