Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 12-28-2020, 12:02 AM   #29

Alpine Owners Club
Ernie, it sounds like your AH system is circulating heat correctly, but your air handlers are not pushing air. There are 2 small 12 volts fans on the units under the sink and bed, if they are not turning see if they have 12 volts on the wires. If not go to the thermostat. The coach is broken into 2 zones. Zone 1 is the front of the coach, zone 2 is the bedroom and bath areas. Be sure you have zone 2 turned on, if it is look for a blown 12 volt fuse.
DrDaveMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-28-2020, 08:28 AM   #30

Alpine Owners Club
I remember the Sprague's had an issue with their heat exchangers in their coach not pushing warm air at Quartzsite. Dave Carillo came out and backflushed the heat exchangers which flushed a bunch of built up crud and got them working again.

We had to replace our HH with a new AH. The bedroom heat exchangers would not blow hot air which turned out to be air in the system. The mechanic had to pump coolant into zone two to remove the air and allow coolant to flow. Hope these clues are helpful.
2006 Alpine Apex M-40FDQS #75594
2014 Honda CRV w/navi
Janet and Todd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 07:45 PM   #31

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDaveMA View Post
Ernie, it sounds like your AH system is circulating heat correctly, but your air handlers are not pushing air. There are 2 small 12 volts fans on the units under the sink and bed, if they are not turning see if they have 12 volts on the wires. If not go to the thermostat. The coach is broken into 2 zones. Zone 1 is the front of the coach, zone 2 is the bedroom and bath areas. Be sure you have zone 2 turned on, if it is look for a blown 12 volt fuse.
Zone 2 is on. Where is that fuse for that zone.

Also, tried to reset my Vansco by switching the house batteries off and then on again, for another issue and now my Aqua Hot is not working via the diesel switch. It sounds like its trying to go on and then the diesel light goes off. I have switched to electric but it doesn’t sound like anything is working.
Ernieo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 07:54 PM   #32

Vansco system is basically a 12v vehicle comm. and power distribution application powered off the chassis batteries, not the house bats. 12v house systems and appliances are not impacted by the Vansco...
Old Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 08:05 PM   #33

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Scout View Post
Vansco system is basically a 12v vehicle comm. and power distribution application powered off the chassis batteries, not the house bats. 12v house systems and appliances are not impacted by the Vansco...
Well the diesel light for the Aqua Hot is not showing on. It shows on for about 3 minutes and then turns off. The AH shows zone 1 and 2 in the green. The diesel burner status, pump 1 and 2 show green as well. But there is no heat coming out.

After I turned the chassis batteries off and on the exhaust from the AH became very cloudy and smelly. That didnít look normal. Now all this.
Old 12-28-2020, 08:08 PM   #34
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
If your diesel light goes out while switch is on indicates a fault with the Webasto Burner.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5179.JPG
Views:	18
Size:	345.2 KB
ID:	312769

Do your part.....
Spk64 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 08:21 PM   #35

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spk64 View Post
If your diesel light goes out while switch is on indicates a fault with the Webasto Burner.
Attachment 312769
Maybe that is why the exhaust was so smoky
Old 12-28-2020, 08:22 PM   #36
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
That is correct, when it fails to fire excess fuel is left in chamber. When it does fire the excess fuel creates the excess smoke.

Do your part.....
Old 12-28-2020, 08:26 PM   #37

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
That is correct, when it fails to fire excess fuel is left in chamber. When it does fire the excess fuel creates the excess smoke.
But why are there no faults on the panel? Everything is green as if all is working. Can I run this throw electric then? Or I screwed?
Old 12-28-2020, 08:33 PM   #38
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Need heat

The diesel burner has its on controller it is a separate system from the overall Aquahot controller. Troubleshooting the diesel burner is not for the faint of heart.
https://www.irv2.com/forums/f54/hydr...er-515497.html

The electric system runs independent of the diesel burner and can be ran if functional. The electric side does not put out enough heat to heat a coach though.

Do your part.....
Old 12-29-2020, 03:06 AM   #39

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
The diesel burner has its on controller it is a separate system from the overall Aquahot controller. Troubleshooting the diesel burner is not for the faint of heart.

The electric system runs independent of the diesel burner and can be ran if functional. The electric side does not put out enough heat to heat a coach though.
Thanks for all the info, just read your thread regarding all the diagnostic work you did on your system. AWESOME!

Not sure where to start looking for the Webasto burner. Not a good time for it to not work. The electric heat is stinko, comes on for a few minutes but doesnít heat squat. For some reason my acís donít heat. The thermostat only has Gas as the option for heating. I guess I am out of hot water too. YIKES!
Old 12-29-2020, 06:27 AM   #40

Alpine Owners Club
When is the last time the unit was serviced? Maybe it's time? If you are presently in Conroe, TX looks like there's an AH tech close by...

Action RV, Conroe
Authorized Service Center
Phone (936) 441-1165
Website www.actionrvconroetexas.com (http://www.actionrvconroetexas.com)
Address
5902 West Davis StreetConroe, TX 77304
2006 Alpine Apex M-40FDQS #75594
2014 Honda CRV w/navi
Janet and Todd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 08:06 AM   #41

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet and Todd View Post
When is the last time the unit was serviced? Maybe it's time? If you are presently in Conroe, TX looks like there's an AH tech close by...

Action RV, Conroe
Authorized Service Center
Phone (936) 441-1165
Website www.actionrvconroetexas.com (http://www.actionrvconroetexas.com)
Address
5902 West Davis StreetConroe, TX 77304
Thanks Janet, I was just looking up their number and was going to head home instead of push forward from Panama City to Tampa. But I just found a guy in Tampa that can do the work as well. So I am going to continue with our journey forward and trust that it will be fixed and serviced in Tampa. 2021 is going to be good year.
Old 12-29-2020, 08:35 AM   #42

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:

Anyone know where the diesel burner is on the Apex? It has to be before the Hydro Hot after the fuel line. I would think it would be easily accessible. I checked the technical library but could not find a schematic for this system.

Tags
heat