Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-19-2020, 10:56 AM   #1

Alpine Owners Club
Need heat

It’s cold here in Newport, OR and I can’t get the heat to flow out of the floor vents with any kind of power. Turned the thermostat to heat, but I only get some trickling warm air out of the vents.

Any ideas?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	242.3 KB
ID:	293783  
Ernieo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-19-2020, 11:41 AM   #2

Alpine Owners Club
Are you using the Electric or Diesel burner mode?
40FT FDFS #75725
Rusty Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 11:44 AM   #3

Head east, it’s much warmer.
RVPioneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 12:10 PM   #4

Alpine Owners Club
Try central Florida, overnight low has not been below 80 for months! But then you will need A/C all day.
DrDaveMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 01:36 PM   #5

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Bear View Post
Are you using the Electric or Diesel burner mode?
Using electric mode.
Old 07-19-2020, 01:37 PM   #6

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDaveMA View Post
Try central Florida, overnight low has not been below 80 for months! But then you will need A/C all day.
Left Houston to teach Pickleball in Oregon. It’s too hot in the summer.
Old 07-19-2020, 01:40 PM   #7

Just a short drive to the Willamette Valley will suffice. It’s a much lower risk option as well.
RVPioneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 01:43 PM   #8

Alpine Owners Club
Change to diesel mode for more heat. After heat is where you want it , then try switching to electric mode, see if the electric can keep up, if not then you will need to use the diesel mode.
40FT FDFS #75725
Old 07-19-2020, 06:56 PM   #9

Ernieo,
What is your schedule and routing, I am in Gold Beach until Tuesday am. Maybe we could meet and I could help you if you are heading south.
Steve and Linda's APEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 09:49 PM   #10

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve and Linda's APEX View Post
Ernieo,
What is your schedule and routing, I am in Gold Beach until Tuesday am. Maybe we could meet and I could help you if you are heading south.
Thanks, Steve we are at the Thousand Trails in South Newport Beach til Thursday, then heading back to Albany. Have Pickleball lesson starting Friday and all next week.
Old 07-19-2020, 09:58 PM   #11

Alpine Owners Club
I am using the diesel now, but the air flow is about the same. There is little to no air flow in the bedroom. Maybe a line is disconnected somewhere.

Also, in my Silverleaf monitor, the thermostat is off. Not what that is referring to and how to put it on.
Old 07-19-2020, 11:03 PM   #12

Alpine Owners Club
There are 3 small heaters in the bedroom area.
1. Under the bed
2. Vented from under the Shower
3. Bathroom, under sink.

Are any of the 3 heaters in the bedroom area blowing normally? If not ,your rear Aqua-hot may be out. When was the last time you had your Aqua-hot serviced?
Old 07-20-2020, 03:56 PM   #13

Alpine Owners Club
The heat exhangers use small (2" dia) black hoses from each unit to the vent. The hoses can easily be collapsed by stuff piled on them, too tight a bend, or come loose at one end. You'll need to get to the units to inspect the hoses.
The one under the toilet room sink is easy to access through a removable wooden grill. Bed unit access requires removing the mattress and plywood top.
BTW, you'll never feel air out of the vent under the shower. That hose is too long back to the unit under the sink - the air just can't make it through such a small tube. I've considered rerouting (and shortening) it to a new vent on the wood wall right of the fuse panel.

Electric is only good for operating one zone. you'll need diesel on for all zones.

Try using the heat pumps on the roof. They really pump out the heat, although noisier than the Aqua-hot.
Cinequip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 06:06 PM   #14

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinequip View Post
The heat exhangers use small (2" dia) black hoses from each unit to the vent. The hoses can easily be collapsed by stuff piled on them, too tight a bend, or come loose at one end. You'll need to get to the units to inspect the hoses.
The one under the toilet room sink is easy to access through a removable wooden grill. Bed unit access requires removing the mattress and plywood top.
BTW, you'll never feel air out of the vent under the shower. That hose is too long back to the unit under the sink - the air just can't make it through such a small tube. I've considered rerouting (and shortening) it to a new vent on the wood wall right of the fuse panel.

Electric is only good for operating one zone. you'll need diesel on for all zones.

Try using the heat pumps on the roof. They really pump out the heat, although noisier than the Aqua-hot.

I thought I was by turning on the thermostat to heat. How do I bypass the Aqua hot?

Tags
heat