Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-22-2006, 08:27 PM   #43

I, too, have problems with Kingdome. Just this week, I have been in northern Washington and each time the clouds and rain came, I lost my picture. After many calls working with the techs at Kingdome Controls, I found that there is not a lot that can be done. During the testing proceedures, the dome signal with cover on was 50% and off was 60%. That is compared with my remote dish of 93%. It is my plan to go to a moto sat dish because I spend a lot of time in the northwest. The chemical applications to the dome will not increase the power of the signal but will change the surface tension of the moisture and give you a signal when otherwise you may not. Hopefully after all of the testing that I have done, they will have some solutions to improve the power of the signal.
lundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-09-2006, 06:35 PM   #44

Basil,
my wife is envious of the embroidery center since she too brings her embroidery machine with her when we are out (we arent full timers yet). Unfortunately we would lose out washer drier... hmmmm.... gonna have to think on this one
hrhuggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 01:46 PM   #45

I believe that Lundy's comments are something we need to sit up to attention with. I just read as many of you probably did there is a competitor to our Kingdome which does not experience this problem. I feel this is a Kingdome problem and I feel each one of us needs to contact these folks and indicate that this issue needs to be corrected. Quite frankly we can talk amongst ourselves and accomplish nothng. Lets lay it on Kingdome and let them solve our problem since there is a competitor that has done so. I am writing to them tomorrow. If you want a copy of my letter just ask
Ted III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 03:41 PM   #46

Bob,
You could be on to something there. You said that before you had Dish and it worked fine and now with your Apex you have direct and it does not work well. As I have stated before I have Dish with Kingdome and it works better than anything I ever had. 'Spose it could be the combo of Direct and Kingdome vs Dish and Kingdome? I remember when I had Dish and KVH that it did the same things that you all are reporting. People who had Direct and KVH had no problem.

Lyle & Cath
Apex 1
Datastorm #3481
Lyle & Cath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 02:00 PM   #47

Dave I'm sure sorry about all the probs you have had with your Apex. It certainly does not help being so far away from the factory. One of the reasons we chose a WRV product is that we are only 2 hours from the factory. I have never taken it anywhere else for warranty work except for Silver Leaf. We do love our Apex and do not consider ours a piece of junk. It sounds like yours might very well be one, but please don't categorize ours with yours. I sincerely hope that your problems are at an end so that you can enjoy the beauty of traveling in this beautiful land of ours.
Lyle n Cath
Apex 1
Datastorm #3481
Lyle & Cath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 02:10 PM   #48

Location: Summer Rowlett TX (Why?)/Winter Palm Springs CA Two Springs RV Resort https://www.twospringsrv.com/
Lyle & Cath:

We agree with you that our Apex is wonderful. I have trouble keeping Basil from dragging everyone over to see his fabulous drawers, etc.

We have had many new homes and have had things that had to be set right in them. This is even more complicated and we are driving it down the road flexing everything as we go!

I am sorry Dave didn't like his Apex. I prefer to think mine is the absolute best.

Basil & Sue
Apex #6
Basil Shannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 05:26 AM   #49

Newmar Owners Club
Hi You Two Clowns!

I would like to know when you took possesion of your Apex? also what number off the line, Our Apex was the Fifth one off line, ours was delayed for a Month because of the fire at the factory.
Prior to ordering the Apex (TO MAKE A LONG STORY SHORT) We were in the progress of trading our 1997 Country Coach (WHICH WE REALLY LIKED) for something, & after happening upon an Alpine & Winnebago rally in Cheyene, We conversed with many owners of Winnebago & Alpine, We found (NO ONE) had a bad thing to say about Alpine OR Western RV, which sold us on Alpine, Then they showed up with the Apex which of course we bought.
Everyone on the Alpine Forum Loves there Alpines, I REALLY have had problems the day we left the factory, We have not been able to use it when We wanted too & are afraid to go on the road as something always goes haywire.
Reason Im writing this is because , I want to satisfy my mind in thinking the reason Im having so many problems is because they never had time to REALLY go through our Coach after the fire as we had to take immediate possession or lose our financing (LONG STORY).
PS: It really excites us that so many Alpine Owners love there Alpines, We sure are looking forward to the day we get ALL the bugs out & can enjoy ours!
Thanks for listening!
Dave & Connie Rikke in Minnesota!
Old 11-22-2006, 10:04 AM   #50

Location: Summer Rowlett TX (Why?)/Winter Palm Springs CA Two Springs RV Resort https://www.twospringsrv.com/
Hi Dave & Connie:

We are #6 off the line or that is what we were led to believe. We got our coach on Jan 5th. We initially had major problems with the Smart-Beds & slide interference which we got repaired at the factory along with a number of other problems. Since then, we have developed only minor problems. At the moment, the fresh and black water sensors are in-op as is the fresh water tank fill solenoid valve. We fill the tank through the drain line.

This is our 3rd Alpine. The coaches are really a joy to drive. The people in our ACA coach group are the best you will find anywhere.

We have felt that since it is a new concept it will take a while to work out the problems. We live in our coach full time.

Will you be in Quartzsite? Hope to be able to sit down and talk in person. Keep smiling. They really are a good prodct.

The Clowns
Basil Shannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 08:55 AM   #51

Alpine Owners Club
Dave, I sure am glad you are willing to give Alpine and WRV a chance to get your APEX in good shape. I agree with "The Clowns" that once that happens, you will be a very happy Alpine owner.

John & I recently ordered our 4th Alpine, so I guess you could say that we love them. We can't imagine owning anything else...tho, we know several people who own Country Coaches, and they all love their coaches, too.

We also agree with Basil & Sue that the owners club, ACA, has the greatest people as members...not too prejudiced! Please be sure to come to one of our rallies, as we would love to meet you! Just sign on to alpinecoachassociation.com, and you will see the list of upcoming rallies. Hopefully, one of them will occur when your rig is actually running!

Good luck!
gjstacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 06:40 AM   #52

Newmar Owners Club
After all the problems We have had for the past YEAR in December, It amazes me How many People out there LOVE their Alpines, I still have little Faith that we will ever enjoy it, I certainly HOPE someday I will have to EAT THOSE words, But as of right now I'm afraid to Leave.
PS: I JUST REMEMBERED, I Can't leave its still in the shop!! GOTTA TRY some Humor!!!
Dave & Connie in Minnesota (COLD)