Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-01-2006, 06:30 AM   #1

Good morning all!

We just returned from a visit to Camp WRV. The purpose of the trip was to once again attack a nagging list of things that needed to be fixed. The list was basically the same as it was right after we picked up the coach a year ago. The coach had been in 3 different times for a total of at least 6 weeks. This time things were very different. Chris Scott is now the Service Advisor and under his guidance EVERYTHING on the work order was accomplished in four days. Yes Wayne they did fix the ripples. This included being in the Paint Shop for almost half of the time. He accomplished in four days what 2 other Service Writers were not able to accomplish in at least six weeks of shop time. I am happy as a clam and my faith has been renewed in WRV service. I have never had a better experience with any other mfg.

WRV ALL THE WAY!!!

Lyle & Cathy
Proud owners of APEX1
Datastorm #3481
Lyle & Cath is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-01-2006, 06:30 AM   #2

Good morning all!

We just returned from a visit to Camp WRV. The purpose of the trip was to once again attack a nagging list of things that needed to be fixed. The list was basically the same as it was right after we picked up the coach a year ago. The coach had been in 3 different times for a total of at least 6 weeks. This time things were very different. Chris Scott is now the Service Advisor and under his guidance EVERYTHING on the work order was accomplished in four days. Yes Wayne they did fix the ripples. This included being in the Paint Shop for almost half of the time. He accomplished in four days what 2 other Service Writers were not able to accomplish in at least six weeks of shop time. I am happy as a clam and my faith has been renewed in WRV service. I have never had a better experience with any other mfg.

WRV ALL THE WAY!!!

Lyle & Cathy
Proud owners of APEX1
Datastorm #3481
Old 11-01-2006, 08:26 AM   #3

Lyle,

Great to here, I hope it is not just a result of the slow season.
05 Alpine 40FDQS #75330 Towing 24' car hauler, 2012 Spyder, 2003 Harley FatBoy
Wayne R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 09:08 AM   #4

Yeah, me too. I do know they are down 4 - 5 people in the shop and it was still done. So until I experience otherwise, I'm a believer.

Lyle & Cathy
Apex1
Datastorm #3481
Old 11-07-2006, 06:17 PM   #5

We were at Camp WRV on the 30th for a continueing hydrolic leak behind the electrical box. Chris Scott worked us in as an emergency as we were now leaking by the quart. The leak was fix that day and when we blew a breaker when we were getting ready to leave, he sent a tech out to check it out within 5 minutes. He may be the miracle worker they have needed. Lets keep our fingers crossed.
Gary & Betsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 09:59 AM   #6

Alpine Owners Club
We were at WRV for service in mid-October and agree that Chris did a fantastic job for us. Our concerns were addressed promptly and repairs done well. We are very happy!

Also, Rick, who did our factory tour, offerred to repipe our hydrohot to the back when we saw that's how the new coaches are being done now. Service's schedule was booked up so Rick did the work. Another example of great customer service! Thanks, Rick!! It is WONDERFUL to not have the stinky fumes coming in the kitchen and bedroom windows now.

Ingrid McIntosh

Brandywine
Jim & Ingrid McIntosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 03:08 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
The Sinclair's welcome to irv2 and the Alpine Forum
When your ready to be an Alpine forum member let us know.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 04:04 PM   #8

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jim & Ingrid McIntosh:

Also, Rick, who did our factory tour, offerred to repipe our hydrohot to the back when we saw that's how the new coaches are being done now. Service's schedule was booked up so Rick did the work. Another example of great customer service! Thanks, Rick!! It is WONDERFUL to not have the stinky fumes coming in the kitchen and bedroom windows now.

Ingrid McIntosh </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
WOW! On our Factory Service appointment in July/August we had asked them to reroute our hydrohot exhaust out of the back and service told us it wasn't possible.

We're not having any problems with fumes at this point - having the hydrohot annual tune-up and tilting the exhaust tip back slightly seems to have cleared up our smelly problem. [although we would never consider running it with the windows open]

Audrey
Old 11-10-2006, 05:57 AM   #9

Alpine Owners Club
Hi All,

Being part of WRV's Focus Group, and having discussed their servicing at length with senior management, it sure is nice to hear that there is progress being made on that score. We had been hearing about so many servicing problems, that this is just great!

Thanks, WRV! Keep up the good work!

By the way, if any of you have any suggestions/issues you would like us to discuss in the next Focus Group session, please PM me with your comments. Thanks! Gail
gjstacy is offline   Reply With Quote