Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-02-2009, 03:50 PM   #15

Fan

Harold, if you check my 1st post at the end you will see I described the racket this little 2" fan made. It was quite obvious there was a problem.
Ted III is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-02-2009, 06:20 PM   #16

The reason I ask Ted is that my fan makes more noise that I think it should but it has from day 1, so I expect it is normal. That's why I asked if there was a change, increase or decrease, in noise level.

Harold
NorCal Hal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 07:42 PM   #17

Alpine Owners Club
Jerry and all,

Sorry for the bad links, I just posted this AM before running out to get some coach work done. I can't find any spects on the Adda fan. I looked up the fan I bought, it was a Delta 60 X 25 MM Extreme HiSpeed fan, part # AFB0612SH. Here is link to that fan, I don't now how long it will be good for.

Delta AFB0612SH - 60mm X 25mm 3-Wire Super High Speed Fan - Sleeved Products Model: AFB0612SH [AFB0612SH] : Performance-PCs.com, ... sleeve it and they will come
Had: 2007 Limited SE 40fdts
dgerstel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 07:45 PM   #18

Mine too has been loud from day1.

I ordered a new fan from TedIII because a) my unit is 2 years old, so it has run over 15,000 hours, and b) I took a trip w/the electric cord mini-door open and sucked in a lot of dirt to the inside of the utility bay, not a small amount of which got sucked into the Xantrex (if the fan was doing its job) so I'm expecting to need to R&Clean it internally anyway.
Old 09-02-2009, 07:14 AM   #19
MRL

Well, I finally got around to removing the unit. I built a 4" high stand that I could rotate it away from the bulkhead without removing any wires. A part# 2RTF9 muffin fan from Grainger, plus a spare, is on the way. My question now is, shouldn't there be a path for the air to exit the unit on the bulkhead? Ours exits and hits a wall. The fan has a layer of caked dirt, probably from moving Pacific NW air thru, which didn't help it's short lived life. Was that the way WRV installed the units?...Thanks
Old 09-02-2009, 07:38 AM   #20

I installed an RS2000 in our 2003 about 2 years ago--existing space and cable length being the limiting factors on a re-install. As I recall, the instructions called for a min of 2 or 4 inches of clearance on all sides. I mounted ours on the inside bulkhead opposite the PS drive wheels, using u-channel to provide an air space between the RS2000 and the bulkhead--its not 2 inches but better than a flush mount.
New Braunfels, Texas
Old Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 10:19 AM   #21

Alpine Owners Club
Raymond,

I am with you, we need some air flow. I had the inverter shut down from heat once already. I just haven't been able to figure out where to route the air. I am concerned about dirt while traveling.
Had: 2007 Limited SE 40fdts
dgerstel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 10:50 AM   #22

I moved my RS2000 from the bulk head to up between the frame rails. It has better clearance and air circulation up there and gave me extra storage room. The existing cables were long enough so installation was relatively easy. I used aluminum angel between the frame rails to hold it up there. It has been up there for 4 years now with no problems running 24/7.
05 Alpine 40FDQS #75330 Towing 24' car hauler, 2012 Spyder, 2003 Harley FatBoy
Wayne R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 03:10 PM   #23

Alpine Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Wayne,

Would you mind posting a picture of your RS2000 remount. Sounds like a good thing to do.
jerry davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 07:20 AM   #24
MRL

I wanted to drill some holes in the bulkhead for airflow, my wife said no way. The installation instructions for the unit say "Xantrex recommends that other objects and surfaces be at least 3" (76mm) away from the ventilation openings for the best performance". So, I went to a hardware store and bought six 1-3/4" standoffs that match the bolt size WRV used to weld to the bulkhead. I would still like to know from anyone that has removed their unit if WRV allowed for airflow. Thanks again...
Old 09-03-2009, 08:51 AM   #25

Jerry,

These are not very good photos, not an easy area to take a picture of this area.

Hope it helps,

05 Alpine 40FDQS #75330 Towing 24' car hauler, 2012 Spyder, 2003 Harley FatBoy
Wayne R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 07:17 PM   #26

Alpine Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
That gives me the general idea Wayne, thank you.
jerry davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 08:11 PM   #27

Alpine Owners Club
I mounted my RS3000 exactly as Wayne did (pivoted 90 degrees). I have clearance on all six sides and have reclaimed the entire storage space. My brackets span the bulkheads between the rails. I have not noticed dirt build up in the year since installation. It's further from the doors (centered in the coach), off the floor and has more overall ventilation space. The old installation was on the back wall, hung sideways with carpeted panels surrounding it.