Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-27-2022, 03:18 PM   #1

No Airflow to Dash Vents, Defogger Vents or Floor Vents

Hello All

I have a 2006 Western Alpine 40FD. I just installed a new blower motor for the dash A/C to hopefully fix a "no airflow" issue. New motor runs fine but still no airflow. Spent six hours under the dash checking every possible obvious issue. All doors open and close, no restricted air lines to any vents, no disconnected lines, fan is turning. If it is obvious we checked it. Totally stumped. Advice and feedback appreciated.

Thank you
Kmanaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-27-2022, 03:25 PM   #2

If you have access to an old vacuum cleaner that has a blower attachment put the hose to that and blow into the vents one at a time, make sure the air gets to the box! (reversing the air flow from vents into the box!

Similarly go outside to the air intake and blow air into the vehicle and make sure it gets to the fan box. Somewhere a damper is shut is my guess. Most likely culprit is the fresh air intake damper, but the hose blower test will clear up any congertion and provide unrestricted air flows. For the outside fresh air intake you could even use a leaf blower on low! specially if you have an electric of battery powered one!
Old 06-27-2022, 03:30 PM   #3

Blew air from outside in using an air gun. No restrictions when doing that.
Old 06-27-2022, 03:35 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmanaker View Post
Hello All

I have a 2006 Western Alpine 40FD. I just installed a new blower motor for the dash A/C to hopefully fix a "no airflow" issue. New motor runs fine but still no airflow. Spent six hours under the dash checking every possible obvious issue. All doors open and close, no restricted air lines to any vents, no disconnected lines, fan is turning. If it is obvious we checked it. Totally stumped. Advice and feedback appreciated.

Thank you
Hello, sorry for your troubles. When you say there is no air and the motor is running it sounds to me like it could be a blend door problem. These are vacuum operated and when you turn your dial on your dash you should be able to hear the doors opening and closing to allow air to flow to different areas of the dash. Maybe you are missing one of the doors is malfunctioning and you have not found it yet. You could always pull the motor back out and look at the housing with the motor out. This may help you to identify the problem by being able to look inside the blower housing assembly. Not sure where the diaphram is located on your specific model but I'm sure now that I have said this someone else with your model will chime in. Good Luck
craigd853 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 04:08 PM   #5

Thank you for your response. All doors are opening and closing as they should be
Old 06-27-2022, 04:23 PM   #6

I had a similar problem and found one of the flexiable ducts that go to the heater/defroster vents was detached from the upper back of the heater box (accessed by opening the generator slide).
andy29847 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air, dash, floor, vent