Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-25-2018, 04:27 PM   #1

No Jacks and No slide

I have a 1998 36SDS. The gen slide and the engine door work but the jacks do not go down and the slide will move out 6" and stop. I have to wait about an hour and then it will go in the 6". Any thoughts?
TheKassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-25-2018, 05:15 PM   #2

Alpine Owners Club
Have you checked the fluid level, and if so how did you do,it?
DrDaveMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 08:56 AM   #3

Kassman,

I have a 1998 36FDS and have had a similar problem. My room slide would not extend unless the coach was level and when deploying the jacks the HWH panel would display a battery overload light and shut down.
I found that the jacks would extend if either the Cummins or the generator was running. Once the coach was level the room slide would extend.

My problem was a poor ground for the house battery.
If your fluid level is correct you might try extending the jacks manually while the engine is running. That wont solve/fix the problem, but may prove that the pump, solenoids, and jacks will function.
Gene
gmcgene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 10:28 PM   #4

I was having slide and jack problems this weekend. Took a few cycles to get the slide in. Noticed my low battery voltage light was on in the HWH control panel sometimes. Cleaned all connections on the solenoids and still had problems (no real corrosion noted). Put voltmeter on the battery cable to the solenoids and the voltage dropped below 6v. Cleaned all my battery terminals and all good now. Had lots of corrosion and I had cleaned them all in October.
Retired in Apple Valley, California
Rich and Cork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 07:46 AM   #5

How do you manually extend the jacks??
TheKassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 10:13 AM   #6

"Manually" was a poor choice of words on my part.
I should have said use the individual jack buttons on the HWH console rather than let the system do it automatically.

I found that the individual buttons would sometimes activate the jacks when the auto system failed.
gmcgene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 11:07 AM   #7

Alpine Owners Club
Carefully examine the exterior of all your battery cables for bulging which could be a sign of internal corrosion. Likewise any exposed copper strands at the end of the ring terminals if they are the open type.
Janet and Todd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jacks, slide