Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-02-2011, 06:53 PM   #1

Alpine Owners Club
Noise Under Refer

I am out in Vegas and Party is hearing a clunk noise from under the fridge. It is intermittent and starts out fast and slows down. The furnace is not running . I can't think of anything.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-02-2011, 09:39 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Where in Vegas, I'm at the Thousand Trails park near Henderson, I could run over to where you are and take a look if you like. Contact me via a PM here. I will then send you my phone number and we can hook up.
Renipladlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 10:07 PM   #3

Alpine Owners Club
Whoops, I should have added that the coach and Patty are in Indianapolis. I'm in Vegas on business.
Monte, that would be a fair hike. But I appreciate the offer:-)
Old 11-02-2011, 10:31 PM   #4

Alpine Owners Club
Look carefully under the reefer with a flashlight. I think you'll find this guy:
Attached Images

Old 11-02-2011, 10:43 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Tom, I was going to suggest the above since it appears I have one or two in the smartbeds, put poison in last night, no bodies have shown yet, but it's early yet.

Maybe if we listened to it on the phone, it might come to mind, if she were to call you/me and the refer was running. Assuming it's residential type. Mine makes a bunch of clicks sometimes, but its running great.

I will be here until the 22nd then up to Pahrump and back here on the 29th.
Old 11-03-2011, 09:27 AM   #6

Alpine Owners Club
Monty,

I would use "sticky traps" not poison in my RV. I would not like dead mice bodies decaying in some area of the coach, that I would probably smell, but not get to.
Had: 2007 Limited SE 40fdts
dgerstel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 01:56 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Dale, you know that is a good idea. I will pick up a couple of those when I'm out looking for a car wash, the jeep is dirty. Although, so far there have been no takers on the stuff in the SB's. And the towels they started to shread, show no new activity. So i'm hoping they took off, but you never know.
Old 11-03-2011, 08:10 PM   #8

Monty; They have not left. They always occur in pairs, and if they are quite babies are being produced.
J Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 12:46 PM   #9

IIWMI'd put in both sticky & snap traps for more certain immediate results. I've had mice leave a lot of fur in a sticky trap but wriggle out (makes a cute racket while the wrestling match if on), and leave a tail in the snap type. Watched one w/a paw in the snap type drag the trap across the floor, till I nailed him w/the axe. A dollop of peanut butter in the trap for bait works pretty well.
Haven't had to try it myself (yet) but am told dryer sheets placed around in the basement perfume the joint up in a way that drives rodents out.
Old 11-04-2011, 02:04 PM   #10

I was lucky enough to catch a mouse with a Victor mousetrap the first night I put it in. Taught him what happens when he eats my potato chips!!

As a side note, years ago I got to see the production line where they manufactured the mousetraps. Amazing to watch a pile of wood and a spool of wire turned into a functional mousetrap.
Old 11-06-2011, 06:43 PM   #11

Alpine Owners Club
OK, I am back in Indy and we don't have mice. Been there done that!

The noise was a portable outdoor speaker in the basement that had the power switch pressed on and low batteries.

Put scotch tape over the peanut butter. Makes those mices work harder to get to the PB. Works every time.