Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-26-2022, 11:45 AM   #1

Old question, new problem hydr fan motor leaky

No finding ANY current info on how to fix a leaky engine fan motor on our '07 400isl. AFAIK, that is the sole problem with it; no info on any possible control issue, but their unfamiliarity with our rigs may well be a factor.

Diesel mechanic has no clue about a repair, but is not familiar with Alpines, either. His tech said the # was Snm3/22, which looks more like a manf date than model or serial number.

A call to the shop in Indio,Ca went to a maxed-out VM and no reply yet from
Source Engineering; both found on an old Monaco thread

Further: "manufacturing license for this motor (Sauer Danfoss 551101309210) was sold to a UK Company. They only build to order and quoted a 15 week delivery time." Old info and likely wrong PN.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Also, sole source for Onan fuel filter seems to be eBay, using FF236(Fleetgurard), and cross references to NAPA and others. (eBay is a lousy way to find correct, non-Chinese filter.)
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-26-2022, 01:46 PM   #2

Update on Hydraulic fan motor; found a seal kit from White House Products LTD
in UK. Kit # 5SMLGO1143002. Received the kit in 3 days at a cost of $85.21 + FedEx Priority shipping, $23.99. Disassemble the motor and found a damaged hydraulic plates and seal. This damaged was caused by an empty plastic trash bag wrapping around the fan shaft and causing the fan to become unbalanced. I had to order a new motor from White House Products LTD. Part # 5SM/42050CC. The tag on the motor said it was a Dynamatic Limited UK, type 551101299170. The stamp on the motor said made in Italy. No need for any modification, this motor was an exact duplication of my old motor. I received the motor in 3 days at a cost of, $665.28 + FedEx Priority shipping $69.04. US Companies wanted twice as much and as long 13 week to receive the motor. If anyone needs a pump motor they have it also. Thanks to, White House Products LTD in UK (tel# +44 (0) 1475742500) they made this repair very easy. Call them.
Old 11-26-2022, 02:31 PM   #3

When my hyd pump took a dump a few years ago I finally found Whitehouse Products.

I was getting times of 8-12 weeks from various outfits and finally Sauer Danfoss steered me in the right direction.

I ordered the pump on the phone from Whitehouse on a Thursday morning and it was in Ventura County in So Cal on Monday. I spent more than 4 days on the phone trying to find a pump.

I still get e mails from them about their products, they are a worldwide company and seem to have any kind of hyd item you could want and they were easy to deal with.

Terry
Terry W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2022, 05:20 PM   #4

Alpine Owners Club
Like Terry I got a hydraulic pump thru White House products, quickly and with no hassles. Also get notices from them on various products.
Old 11-26-2022, 08:54 PM   #5

Thumbs up Many thanks

My question is whether the ISC350 uses the same fan motor as my ISL400. Fred's
and Jeff/Cheryl is a '99; motor unknown. Terry's coach is quite like mine, but engine unknown as well. Is Whitehouse clued in on the various Cummins' fan motors mounted?

I'll speak with the shop on Monday, giving this info. My motor may just a need a seal/rebuild, but there is no way to know until it's apart. If a bag was hampering rotation, I'd expect manual rotation to demonstrate the excess drag.

Shop has a resource in PHX, I learned today, but whether they have anything of value is unknown. I'd expect all roads lead to the UK.

I'm not sure the small diesel shop can keep the coach, waiting for parts. I asked the shop if I could R&R that motor and he said no. I'm currently limited in facilities for most work, but the coach is running normal temperatures, so this may have to wait, unless the motor numbers above are applicable.to my coach.
Old 11-27-2022, 10:03 PM   #6

Alpine Owners Club
The Pump that terry and i are talking about is one that runs the other devices. If I understand correctly, you are looking for the pump that directly drives the fan. What Terry and I are suggesting is to get the part # for this motor the contact White House Products. They will probably have the part you need. They have a good website and knowledgeable customer service folks.
Old 11-28-2022, 08:31 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff and Cheryl View Post
If I understand correctly, you are looking for the pump that directly drives the fan. What Terry and I are suggesting is to get the part # for this motor the contact White House Products. They will probably have the part you need. They have a good website and knowledgeable customer service folks.
Thanks. You understand correctly and my challenge is to get the hour-away shop to get a proper PN.

It'd be helpful if an very active, informed poster could offer the PN or a resource to find it. I know it has been an issue discussed here, but my search results have been fruitless.
Old 11-28-2022, 07:58 PM   #8

Unhappy frustrating. Is this issue so unique?

White House Products replied that they have no idea what part I need. I replied with the numbers below.

The tech showed me a photo of a White House pump motor, Sauer Danfoss SNM3 22, seemingly now made in China. His search yielded: fan drive gear motor 55 101292170, which may or may not be accurate, but is of no help finding the motor.

The hydraulic shop they use strongly recommends NOT utilizing a seal repair, but to replace that motor.

Has no other owner faced this problem? Are my Alpine days numbered with < 100k miles on this nice coach? I find both questions unlikely... hopefully.
Old 11-30-2022, 12:38 PM   #9

Sigh. no help; unusual here

SNM3/22 L107 MBY E 16MAR06 Made in Italy

Awaiting Western Hydraulics & White House.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ID plate.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	238.0 KB
ID:	381791  
Old 12-05-2022, 12:28 PM   #10

Ordered

Hopefully, and based upon their look at the pics sent, the replacement motor is enroute from White House Products LTD for apprx $450+FedEx shipping.

US source: Part# SDM9928 $639.50 +shipping
Legacy Hydraulics LLC 3333 Warrenville Road #200 Lisle, IL 60532
(331) 200-5011

I'm quite surprised that none here report this issue. Now, IF I can find a how-to...

Tags
fan, leak, motor, problem