Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-02-2018, 07:06 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet and Todd View Post
Anyone try Parker?

Where To Buy- Parker
I just did. They don’t appear to carry the 2820.
RVPioneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-03-2018, 08:09 AM   #16

I contacted PH in July of '16 about the 2820VMM. I asked for clarification on some of the info I got from JCA.

PH told me, Parker was the manufacturer of the VMM2820 but Alpine designed the system and developed the software. We are not in a position to support or troubleshoot issues on the vehicle. In addition, the VMM 2820 is no longer in production. Unfortunately the options from PH are limited to the support JCA can offer.

I asked about the future if the 2820 becomes unavailable and PH told me that JCA may have something planned but I would need to ask them directly.

When I bought mine JCA didn't know that the VMMs are self programming. They asked me to send them my good unit and my bad unit when I purchased my 2 new units, I didn't. They also asked me to keep them informed on how the self programming went, which I did. When I ordered mine the "programmer" was on vacation for two or three weeks and they said that I would have to wait until he returned to get a programmed unit. Pretty handy if you're broke down.

I believe I paid $2750 for two blank units and I never was charged any CA use tax. Maybe it's because they came in under $3000 or maybe because they shipped about 2 weeks apart. Since they were "stock out" I only had to pay shipping one time, JCA paid for the second unit shipping,

At the time there was talk about MCI buses using the 2820 and I believe somebody checked into being able to buy through MCI. As I recall it was a no go. I also seem to remember somebody talking about looking into having one repaired, not sure what became of that.

Terry
Terry W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 08:18 AM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
We will be trying to order a couple units shortly.
Just got home for a couple weeks.
I'll keep this thread posted as we go through the process.
Old 02-03-2018, 12:29 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMan59 View Post
We will be trying to order a couple units shortly.
Just got home for a couple weeks.
I'll keep this thread posted as we go through the process.
Honestly, I'd pony up for a half dozen even if it only saved on shipping costs. If they have that many available and you'd be willing to place the order I'd send a check to you on Monday. If needed we could ship to my address in no tax Oregon. That way we'd have a domestic supply ready to send to anyone in need. Thoughts?

Bob
Old 02-03-2018, 03:16 PM   #19

Alpine Owners Club
Thanks for working on this guys. In addition, I did the chat thing on the Parker website. They gave me two "distributors", one where I am and one at where my home is.

CONTROLLED MOTION SOLUTIONS 403 W BROADWAY TEMPE AZ 85282 UNITED STATES Telephone: (602) 437-8799

WESTERN INTEGRATED TECH 7651 S 190TH STREET KENT WA 98032 UNITED STATES Telephone: (206) 988-6775

I contacted the one in Tempe by phone. They will contact Parker on Monday and we'll see what happens. Perhaps the chat folks at Parker haven't gotten the memo yet. I will advise what happens.
Janet and Todd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 11:26 PM   #20

Alpine Owners Club
Hey Todd! That would be fabulous if we had a distributor in the USA - but don't hold your breath! With all the work that went into checking it out 2 years ago, it was our understanding that ONLY JCA had EXCLUSIVE rights to sell the things!

We went back to Indio Elks but you guys were already gone. Sorry we missed seeing you again. Our DanFoss Hydraulic Fan Motor wasn't defective - it was the WRONG one the shop put in! The shop (who made the mistake) is frantically trying to find us a new one - a different manufacturer but would still work- so that we can still travel back east in March for Perry FMCA!
#75710.
swansnest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 10:17 AM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
Please keep us posted if these are available in the U.S..
We will be starting the process next week.
I am only an hour south of Kent.
Old 02-04-2018, 10:20 AM   #22

This post might help you find the Fan Motor. Update on Hydraulic fan motor; found a seal kit from White House Products LTD
in UK. Kit # 5SMLGO1143002. Received the kit in 3 days at a cost of $85.21 + FedEx Priority shipping, $23.99. Disassemble the motor and found a damaged hydraulic plates and seal. This damaged was caused by an empty plastic trash bag wrapping around the fan shaft and causing the fan to become unbalanced. I had to order a new motor from White House Products LTD. Part # 5SM/42050CC. The tag on the motor said it was a Dynamatic Limited UK, type 551101299170. The stamp on the motor said made in Italy. No need for any modification, this motor was an exact duplication of my old motor. I received the motor in 3 days at a cost of, $665.28 + FedEx Priority shipping $69.04. US Companies wanted twice as much and as long 13 week to receive the motor. If anyone needs a pump motor they have it also. Thanks to, White House Products LTD in UK (tel# +44 (0) 1475742500) they made this repair very easy for me.
Old 02-04-2018, 04:53 PM   #23

Alpine Owners Club
Fred, this is about the Vansco Modules VMM 2820. Your coach doesn't use these. And as far as the Hydraulic Fan Motors - it isn't the same fan motor in all coaches, different years used different motors. The later coaches used DanFoss motors manufactured in Europe but now out of production they aren't stocked by anyone and have to be individually manufactured. The Distributor for the shop in San Clemente that is working on ours is trying to find a HFM made in the USA which would be a solution for the Alpine Apex! Our original one was leaking and we should have had the seal replaced for a back up but it inadvertently got thrown out!
#75710.
Old 02-04-2018, 07:18 PM   #24

Alpine Owners Club
Sorry we missed you too, Tris. I hope you get your fan motor issue straightened out. I also hope for the best on these Vansco Modules. If nothing else, we're so close to Canada at home I might take a run up there and order and place an order.
Old 02-06-2018, 03:01 PM   #25

Alpine Owners Club
No dice. Parker in Tempe says we have to go through the mfg. JCA. Oh well. I see a drive to Canada in our future I guess.
Old 02-06-2018, 03:05 PM   #26

Monaco Owners Club
I'll be ordering some this week if anyone wants extras I'll order them all together
Old 02-06-2018, 09:43 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMan59;4e026414
I'll be ordering some this week if anyone wants extras I'll order them all together
I would love to have a spare. And I would seriously pay for a few additional units so we have a supply immediately available to other owners. Keep us posted on your progress. Thanks for going through the effort. PM me with your address or whereabouts so I can get a check to you when they arrive.
Old 02-06-2018, 11:27 PM   #28

Alpine Owners Club
Just remember that if you order multiples together - it will get into the multy $thousands$$$ costs and you may have a problem with CUSTOMS & taxes!!!
#75710.