Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-30-2018, 01:58 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Ordering a vansco question...

We want to order an extra box for a spare. If I understand this correctly I can get a new one and then connect it to our good one and program it without removing the good one and sending it in.
Is this correct?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-30-2018, 02:23 PM   #2

Have you contacted JCA and made arrangements for payment and shipping? From what I've read here it can be a pain. I have a buddy in Vancouver who is willing to order one and then ship it to me once he gets it. Of course I'll reimburse him for the cost. Has anyone done it that way?
RVPioneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 03:00 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
We have not started the process yet.
I read it's quite the ordeal to get.
I believe i have confirmed that with a new one. you just replace the bad one and the good one will program the new one if that makes sense.
Old 01-30-2018, 05:01 PM   #4

.....seems like I remember the re=programming procedures for the Vansco boxes are out on the ACA website, Technical Library but don't "quote me."
New Braunfels, Texas
Old Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 05:19 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
I read it on here somewhere in a 14 page post if I remember right.
Old 01-30-2018, 05:23 PM   #6

TMan,

Ordering a VMM is a PITA, JCA has a very cumbersome process and they don't always have VMMs in stock. When I ordered mine they sent me one in 10-12 days and the other came about two weeks later after they got a shipment from Parker Hannifin.

I have all of the ordering info and phone numbers if you need anything.

I ordered both of mine un programmed and programmed them both from my good working VMM. The programming is pretty straightforward and the instructions are in the ACA tech library. A couple of us have hard copies if you can't find it.

There was some talk on here a few months ago about those of us who have spares loaning ours out to other owners. We could overnight our working spare to somebody broke down somewhere and who needed to get on the road. Nothing ever came of it but it may come up again as more of us start carrying spares.

Terry
Terry W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 05:36 PM   #7

The programming instructions were in the tech library in the chassis and brakes section. I just tried to find them with my phone and i couldn’t access them?!?!?
Old 01-30-2018, 06:39 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Thank you, you are very very helpful. I am working on my phone also which makes it kind of tough but I may ask you to send me the information if I can't find it. Thank you again!

Right now I'm at the Cummings Northwest in Las Vegas is my alternator went out in Kingman. They were kind enough to get me worked in today $300 later they told me my alternator was bad. I guess you have to do that kind of stuff but should have an alternator in the morning and be back on my way back home. luckily my wife flew home from Phoenix and I was just taking a nice leisurely drive back to Washington State.
Old 01-31-2018, 07:13 AM   #9

I tried again this morning to access the VMM programming instructions on the ACA tech library. The instructions are in the brakes and chassis section.

I got the 404 file not found message! Looks like there's an issue with that section the others seem OK.

Terry
Old 01-31-2018, 07:25 AM   #10

The process for getting a replacement VMM2820 is a bit cumbersome but not that bad unless your sitting in a parking lot with a dead box. You will need to open a Fed Ex account. It easy to do online. They will want your credit card. You will also need to wire JCA the required funds. My credit union did this for me. The cost in US funds as of a year ago were as follows.

VMM2820 $1500
Canadian Tax $75
Fed Ex $136.89
Homeland Security $42.53

The VMM and the Canadian tax charges will be your wire transfer and the Fed Ex and customs charges will be on your Fed Ex account. I recieved my VMM in three days after they received my wire transfer. I thought about driving up to Winnipeg and buy it direct with Canadian dollars since I have family in Minnesota but that didn't work out. Programming was a piece a cake. Just follow the directions that are on the ACA web site. Terry W walked me through the process via email.
Old 01-31-2018, 07:36 AM   #11

Programming instructions attached.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Vansco VMM Replacement Instructions.pdf (77.9 KB, 100 views)
Old 02-02-2018, 01:55 PM   #12

Alpine Owners Club
Anyone try Parker?

Where To Buy- Parker
Janet and Todd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 04:20 PM   #13

Alpine Owners Club
Vansco VMM

Just a "heads up" for anyone living in CA. The first Vansco we obtained was mailed to us at a Fed Ex Office In Massachusetts in 2016 - But the ones we ordered this last year (2017) were shipped to our home via the stinking regular process. (Getting it through Customs this time was a problem and took 10 days) In January we have received a letter from CA Dept of Tax & Fee Administration advising us Customs reported a delivery of imported items into CA and WE OWE CA a USE TAX on said items!!!

Advise take cash and buy them in Canada - or at least don't have them delivered to California if you have somewhere else you can ship them to and only 1 at a time so it isn't a value over $3000.
#75710.
swansnest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 06:57 PM   #14

Wow! So much for North American Free Trade. As if the Canadian tax, the ridiculous Fedex charge and DHS fee aren’t enough, now Ca wants its 10%. You’d think Canadian maple syrup would be $100/qt with all these added fees. If anyone goes up there with cash, try to talk those frozen b@st@rds into making this process easier for us. Like a distributor in Boise.
RVPioneer is offline   Reply With Quote