Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-23-2023, 03:03 PM   #15

I have read everything I could find regarding the 2004 WRV DP I'm looking at buying. Have decided to take a gamble, purchase it and start trying to find two spare modules programmed for use on a 2004 version. Obviously my present modules will be used to program the new modules. Does anyone know where I would start in my search to purchase 2 modules?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-23-2023, 03:28 PM   #16

I am not the expert on this subject but the last production run for these modules was made by the single source company last year. I have heard that some owners may have bought extra modules, perhaps with the idea of re-sale in mind. There was also the option of acquiring "refurbished" modules for some of the model years. I am sure folks with more knowledge on this topic will chime in soon.
New Braunfels, Texas
Old Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2023, 02:22 PM   #17

To find a well kept, clean unit is rare. Don’t wait too long to decide.
I tend to look at the surrounding area’s when someone posts a picture of, say, their gen slide or battery compartment. I look at the frame rails and other parts and I’m surprised at the amount of corrosion. Most likely where the coach has lived.
I’m not judging anyone, just observation.
Mule Skinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2023, 03:15 PM   #18

Alpine Owners Club
Quick answer on the Apex. The Apex has the Vansco system and a Silverleaf computer system that works rather well with little problems and great customer service. The Silverleaf operates some house functions, HWH, Slides, Jacks, Water Pump Automatic water fill from inside the coach, Inverter/ Charger Auto Gen Start and a few others. Also chassis and engine functions are reported through the Silverleaf system. They have 8 chassis batteries, a Aqua Hot heating system, HWH redundent backup feature, Drain Master dump system, reverse osmosis water system and 146 GL Fuel tank. All systems are redundent in case of computer failure.

Not everybody likes all these whistles and bells, but we have become comfortable with our coach and its added items and have had little problems caused by the Apex added features.
40FT FDFS #75725
Rusty Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2023, 03:17 PM   #19

We enjoyed our Alpine it was a great coach. with looking at a 20 plus YO rig I would start to be concerned with some of the external mechanical stuff that could fail on the road. We had a coolant leak from the lower Rad hose and by the time it was done a new radiator. that engine has lots of coolant hose's and they are all old now, driveshaft u-Joints are another. corrosion in the battery bays and that sort of stuff.
R.Korn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2023, 08:19 PM   #20

I appreciate all the great advice and pointers from Alpine owners and fellow enthusiasts. My deal with the 04 MDTS fell through due to some issues that became apparent, especially after road testing and a far more detailed inspection. Therefore we will continue seeking the Alpine we want.

If any Alpine owner is thinking of selling their 40' FDTS or FDQS we would love to own a king bed Alpine, flexible on colors, would prefer dining table but open to a dinette booth, and further options are rather open to any available, especially if it has the "buckskin" colored seats. Cash buyer and would like to have one by July as we're wanting to head east by Sept 1st.

My email is bvandersys@gmail.com. I can send back my cell number so we can chat about your MH.
Old 04-06-2023, 05:10 PM   #21

The parking brake is air-Off/internal spring-On so if you lose air the parking brake engages. Brake requires maybe 40psi to release, chassis requires north of the same. 05 & later coaches have a low air suspension alarm that comes on below 72psi iirc. Likely the air blow off is set at around 90-100psi. If you want a dash gauge you can tee into the air line behind the brake paddle switch with standard push fittings for water (HD or Lowes; 150spi running but tested to double that) or official DOT approved tee fitting available online
Old 04-07-2023, 10:00 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by EngineerMike View Post
The parking brake is air-Off/internal spring-On so if you lose air the parking brake engages. Brake requires maybe 40psi to release, chassis requires north of the same. 05 & later coaches have a low air suspension alarm that comes on below 72psi iirc. Likely the air blow off is set at around 90-100psi. If you want a dash gauge you can tee into the air line behind the brake paddle switch with standard push fittings for water (HD or Lowes; 150spi running but tested to double that) or official DOT approved tee fitting available online
Thank you Mike for the information. I had thought an air pressure gauge would be a good idea so as to keep aware of the correct air level and status of air compressor operation. My background of many years of diagnostic troubleshooting has led me to believe that knowing air, fuel, water and temperature levels would be the minimum required gauges.

On another subject that from all the reading about the Vansco modules I find you are someone with a vast amount of knowledge on this subject. Was wondering if my search for a WRV Alpine in the 04-09 year model is fruitless if the Vansco issue is next to impossible to resolve with any certainty that one wouldn't be stuck somewhere broke down. I can deal with most mechanical devices broke, electrical too if a known source exists. Your thoughts on an Alpine purchase? Buy an Alpine and then buy a pair of programmed module as spares? Is that realistic? As a retired Industrial Control Electrician working with many different PLC, SLC and ladder logic based programmable equipment I understand very well what these Vansco modules are designed to do and understand how difficult they can be to program if the software is not available. Just makes me nervous to pursue a MH I admire and want to own.

Tags
new owner