Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-16-2007, 07:59 PM   #1

Thought it would be a good idea to post our good comments about The Alpine Coach, WRV and The Association here for all to read.
I think this will be a great place so everyone will benefit, from current owners to future owners, for the continued growth of WRV and The Association. The MORE THE BETTER. All too often people are too eager share the negative so I thought this would be a great avenue to vent our GOOD Thanks Ron HAPPY RV-ing
LETS SEE HOW MANY PAGES WE CAN GET!!!!
RVRONINPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-16-2007, 07:59 PM   #2

Thought it would be a good idea to post our good comments about The Alpine Coach, WRV and The Association here for all to read.
I think this will be a great place so everyone will benefit, from current owners to future owners, for the continued growth of WRV and The Association. The MORE THE BETTER. All too often people are too eager share the negative so I thought this would be a great avenue to vent our GOOD Thanks Ron HAPPY RV-ing
LETS SEE HOW MANY PAGES WE CAN GET!!!!
RVRONINPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 09:37 PM   #3

The Alpine Coach is absolutely The best driving Coach I have ever driven. It earns the Coach name ...The rest are still rigs. I know that all manufacturers set out to build a good RV however WRV has DONE IT!
LOVE2DRIVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 03:45 AM   #4

Having recently bought an older Alpine, I didn't feel WRV was obligated to assist me other than to perhaps provide basic information. Imagine my surprise when I needed information and they responded immediately. Since then I've had a few discussions with them and they have not failed to respond in a courteous, straightforward, informative and expeditious manner.

Not hype, folks, just facts.

Kudos WRV.
rmmpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 05:09 PM   #5

Ron as I have mentioned on here before I have a 2002 36'MDDS and truly love it. It has been almost trouble free since new. Like I said before I had to be towed once due to a problem caused by someone other than WRV. Anytime I have called WRV for any reason they were there to help. About four months ago I had a fuel sensor in the side of the tank starting to seep a little fuel around the bakelite piece that the wire is connected to and I called WRV and I was told to pull the sensor if the fuel was below and give them the number and I would be sent one. Instead I cleaned the sensor up with a degreaser and did the epoxy treatment and it stopped the seeping.
I have mentioned on here before If I had not seen this forum a year ago I would have thought all Alpine coaches were trouble free.
Mine still runs and drives like new and I keep it looking almost like new and getting rid of it has not crossed my mind.
Joe Hamilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 04:36 AM   #6

Ron,
Great Idea, I was thinking I needed to post a positive comment after heading south for the winter. As I left the resort I was amazed at how quiet and smooth my coach was. I have had my share of problems but the last year has been great. I now have 35,000 miles on my coach. I last visited the factory in August of 2006. Since my visit the coach has performed flawlessly and no more water leaks. Monday it goes in for annual service at Big Cabin OK, I suspect it will be routine and no surprises.

Thanks WRV
05 Alpine 40FDQS #75330 Towing 24' car hauler, 2012 Spyder, 2003 Harley FatBoy
Wayne R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 06:17 AM   #7

Pride of ownership can blur objective assessment, sometimes to the point of blind denial, HOWEVER, my view is:

--It is the ultimate RV driving machine. I've threaded congested freeways, sliced crosswinds, run with the fast dogs on the interstates, grinned through the twisties and negotiated an emergency manueuver. I really enjoy my 25Klb "cross-over" sport utility vehicle.

--It has the consistent "look" of a substantive machine styled right the first time --deserving recognition -- in a field of competitors vying for attention with re-tooled exteriors.

--Its selection and integration of components defiantly reflects a "spare no cost" contention, while delivering value without the cost advantage of mass production or the pricing advantage of historical brand strength.

WRV is the "engine that could"

--A grinning driver
Old 11-18-2007, 08:14 AM   #8

Alpine Owners Club
The improvements in custmoer service we've seen are tremendous. Yes, we've had problems and spent more than our fair share at the WRV Service Center, but Richard Fish and John Fedele are making the difference! We had the good fortune of sharing our postive and negative experiences w/Mr. Fish at the Redmond FMCA rally. He went out of his way to ensure our issues were resolved.

We are confident the WRV of yesterday (with cusomter service issues) is soon to be a thing of the past and the new WRV will be second to none. Calls to customer service are answered prompty and returned quickly. Our experience has been wonderful.

We purchased our 2005 40' FDTS Alpine new in 2004 and are NOW confident of the future (both ours in this coach and WRV's).

Thank you Richard Fish, John Fedele, Phil Matoon, Harry and Bernie. You are all the BEST!

Brandywine
Jim & Ingrid McIntosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 02:27 PM   #9

Just came over Donner Summit on I-80 from Reno to Sacramento area. Coach drives so sweet that in the section over the summit, where the truck chains have worn ruts in the concrete pavement, she tracked perfectly in the ruts w/no hands on the wheel. With the cruise set to 60, going uphill, I had my Ruffles (the ones w/ridges) in one hand and Arrowhead Spring Water in the other. I even got up once to get some of my favorite Carnegie Deli Kosher spears from the fridge (in the refrigerated section at your local Costco). I nixed the idea of a nap; it was a beautiful day in the Sierras and I didn't want to miss it.

A beautiful drive, in a beautiful coach. We all owe thanks to Ron Doyle for his attention to detail, and vision of a great coach.
Old 11-18-2007, 03:39 PM   #10

As Danny knows,we have moved on and bought another brand of coach. Yes, it is a quite a bit more sophisticated and yes we do so love it. However I have to say this coach does not ride a whole lot better than an alpine. The WRV ALPINE is a great riding coach!!!
Old 11-20-2007, 11:08 AM   #11

I dont own one Yet but I see alot of good people here and I have been following the updates and positive info. I probally will own one in the near future. I think they are a Good company, with a great product and good people representing them(Ron) and new management etc. Your association seems to be a good one also.
frankbragg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 05:27 AM   #12

We have an '05FDDS and we LOVE IT. Gary has been looking for a driving machine like this since we started RVing. With the 400hp engine, jake brake,and positive steering it truly is the sports car of RV's. I love my interior, the wood is so rich and so much storage and convenience. If necessary, there isn't anything I can't do with the slide in. WRV has answered or returned all our calls promptly and been there when we needed help. Yes, we have had our problems but so far all have been with added components, not the basic coach. THANKS ALPINE!!
Gary & Betsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 01:22 PM   #13

Hello All,

We are Alpine's want-a bees. Fulltimmers for 8 years now and looking for a newer M/H. Called the factory and the next day the call was returned. Asked for some brochures on older models, since we can not afford a new one.

With-in 3 days we had some brochures so we could better understand our choices when looking at used rigs.

Now starting our search for a DS rig. 36' or 40'. Need Closet slide. Since we are in Texas, pickings are pretty slim.

Very impressed with WRV so far.

Jim