Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-27-2014, 11:26 AM   #1

Quartzsite RV Show 2015

I was at Quartzsite for the past 14 days and heard a rumor and wandered if anybody else heard it. Quartzsite RV Show is moving to Yuma next year. Don't know if it is true or not.
Alpine Road Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-27-2014, 11:39 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine Road Warrior View Post
I was at Quartzsite for the past 14 days and heard a rumor and wandered if anybody else heard it. Quartzsite RV Show is moving to Yuma next year. Don't know if it is true or not.
The Quartzite show can't move to Yuma, because then it would be the Yuma RV show.
t55watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 03:30 PM   #3

I believe the discussion about Qzite & Yuma revolved around the Qzite City Council doing something stupid that would unduly encumber property there and drive business away with higher rent. As the question was in the air as to where the show might go, somebody suggested perhaps Yuma.
Its the Rumar about Yumar.
Old 07-19-2014, 03:29 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Going or not

I was wondering if there are any plans for an IRV forum group gathering at Quartzsite 2015? I'm planing to be in southern Arizona for New Years so I figure I might as we'll check out "Q" this year.

It's going to be my first time and it would be nice to be with a group the first learn and explore with.

Plans are Catalina State Park for New Years. DM AFB to visit a friend for two weeks then to "Q". After the "Q" I have no schedule and I'm open for ideas. I have no limits on time in 2015, only limits on funds. I'm thinking I'll stay on the west coastal states unless something forces me back to Florida (home).

My sister and brother-in-law are planing a trip to the Canyon lands, Tetons/Yellowstone, Cody and Rushmore. If they do this then I'll meet them in the Canyon Lands area.

I did Winnebago GNR and Rapid City, Rushmore last year nothing this year.

Ok, I got off topic! Whose going to "Q" this 2015?
Old 07-22-2014, 01:53 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Ok, my two cents worth, the price of fuel will determine if I even move the coach out of the storage shed this year. Currently, it's way to expensive to take any kind of a long trip with my budget. I have a lot in Yuma, which I could camp on (without water-another story), but it's 7-800 dollars in fuel to get there from where I live. That is money I can use at the farm once the driveway repairs are completed, and that is where I might spend my winter anyway. So fuel prices are my biggest concern, with park fees second.
Renipladlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 04:06 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
iRV2 does not have a "gathering" at the worlds largest RV show. Can't imagine why not but that's another subject.
Some affinity groups use iRV2 as a communications vehicle for their meeting and suggest you look for these as time gets nearer the show...
H. Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 12:33 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
In years past the Alpine Coach Association has had Quartzsite gatherings, and there might be one this coming January 2015, stay tuned to this forum to see if there is going to be one.

Some complaints in the past was that there is no power or water out in the desert, and some folks are not comfortable living rough. FWIW-Alpines were designed to be used rough, large holding tanks, large fresh water tanks, and at least 4 house batteries or more. Plus they all came with very good generators to charge up those batteries when boondocking. We have attended the QZ rally twice and both times we enjoyed it a lot.

I believe there are pictures of past rallies on the ACA's website in the history section or something along those lines, to get a feeling of how those rallies progress and are attended by. The first year I attended we had 125 coaches, the second I think it was 110. We always have a good time, with lots of information being passed around about our rigs and the technical side of it. It's a great way to learn more about your rig and meet fellow alpine owners.
Renipladlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 01:44 AM   #8

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
32nd Annual Sports, Vacation and RV Show in Quartzsite is Jan 17th thru 25th, 2015
The Quartzsite Sports, Vacation & RV Show :: General Info

My search reflects no scheduled RV Shows in Yuma next year. Yuma-RV-Show
Doggy Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 07:32 AM   #9

Alpine Coach Association will have a 2015 Quartzsite Rally that will start before & include the first few days of the RV Show. so you can browse w/friends, see what's new in the world of RV 'stuff' and enjoy the carnival atmosphere.
Stay tuned for specifics.

As stated previously, it is a dry-camp situation, come with empty holding tanks, full water tank, enough excess diesel so your gen won't run out, and a minimum capacity for fun of at least a 6 on scale of 1 - 10 (where 10 is high), i.e. fuddy-duddies can are subject to attitude adjustment. Because there is no park fee, the rally fee will be low. We will again have the big tent for gatherings and Margarita Night!

EngineerAnnie is the Rally Master, but don't tell her just yet*. Let's wait till a few volunteers step up to assist, so it isn't quite so much of a shock. Volunteer opportunities to be announced shortly here and in an official ACA announcement.

*She's currently recuperating from back-to-school shopping for clothes & shoes for 77 kids here in lower Baja California, and needs a week or so to put her tired feet up, stare at the ceiling & drool. Then we can drop it on her.
Old 08-24-2014, 12:47 PM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
DH and I were just talking about going to "Q". I have decided to take a month off for Q and to be in Phx for end of Jan start of Feb for the birth of the newest grandchild. This would be our first time to any rally and HUGE show. Would love to know more about what's there, what to expect and Best places (s) to camp. As well as meet up with fellow IRV2 folks.

Lets start planning!

Shaz.
Getting ready to hit the road, But still getting answers. So thanks for the help! 2006 Winnebago Sightseer 29R Ford F53. Roadmaster Eagle 8000. 2001 Ford F150 7700 4x4. Still shopping for toad brakes. FMCA F286179
bobandshaz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
quartzsite