Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-11-2017, 03:00 PM   #1

Alpine Owners Club
Replacement Cargo Doors...Avalanche

I need to replace 2 Damaged Cargo Doors on my 2005 Alpine Coach Avalanche. Does anyone know of a place to buy them ?
Dubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-11-2017, 08:01 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubya View Post
I need to replace 2 Damaged Cargo Doors on my 2005 Alpine Coach Avalanche. Does anyone know of a place to buy them ?
Try Colaw RV salvage.
https://colawrvsalvage.com/
Bill
WILDEBILL308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 06:15 AM   #3

One of your post got wiped out--Magic Metals in Union Gap, Wa has the patterns/molds for most of the Alpine doors/panels. You might try a salvage yard but as you probably know, the Avalanche model was a very low production run for WRV. To the extent that the panels and doors on a std Alpine were similar to an Avalanche, might provide some options for salvage.
New Braunfels, Texas
Old Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 10:07 AM   #4

VisoneRV has a few Alpines including at least one Avalanche in their salvage yard in Kentucky.
RVPioneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 12:34 PM   #5

Alpine Owners Club
Replacement Cargo Doors...Avalanche

I would reach out to Visone in Kentucky http://visonerv.com/ , I know they HAD 1 Avalanche, just not sure if they still have it or what parts are available. If not Magic Metals should be able to build them for you, however they may cost you more than the coach is worth.
DrDaveMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 05:56 PM   #6

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDaveMA View Post
I would reach out to Visone in Kentucky Used RV Parts And Accessories | Visone RV Monaco Parts Dealer | rvparts.visonerv.com , I know they HAD 1 Avalanche, just not sure if they still have it or what parts are available. If not Magic Metals should be able to build them for you, however they may cost you more than the coach is worth.
Dave, I contacted them by email yesterday and promptly got an answer . We are in the process of ordering new Doors...Sounds like a decent outfit to work with !
Thanks for the Help.
Old 09-13-2017, 07:15 PM   #7

Alpine Owners Club
Glad hear it worked out.
DrDaveMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 05:00 PM   #8

Alpine Owners Club
Avalanche Cargo Doors

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDaveMA View Post
Glad hear it worked out.
I just got bad news from Magic Metals. They don't have templates for the Avalanche...Avalanche doors were made " in house " by WRV. Too bad, I'll keep looking.
Old 09-14-2017, 06:52 PM   #9

Alpine Owners Club
Dubya,
I had a similar issue with a bay door on my '99. MM did not make them originally. Wound up sending them the mangled door which they then used as a template. If all else fail, give them a call and ask "what if..".
Old 09-14-2017, 09:48 PM   #10

No luck with VisoneRV? Their site shows a 2005 Avalanche as well as a 2003 40MD.
RVPioneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 06:34 AM   #11

Send a message via AIM to greenmachine
I don't know how bad yours are banged up. When I got my Coach one panel had a big dent in middle and a curb dent . I took mine to a body shop and there are two pieces, outer and inner. He flattened the outside panel and on the edge he use a piece of 11/2 steel pipe and fixed the edge round. Then he filled all the dents and primed and matched the paint. If I showed it to you, you couldn't find it. That was cheaper than Visone panel. I live in Ky and went to there place and I would have taken it off for them but they where sky high, and I still had to paint it to match. Best of Luck

Larry and Tammy
2003 38FD Alpine 350 Cummins
2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
greenmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 11:26 AM   #12

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmachine View Post
I don't know how bad yours are banged up. When I got my Coach one panel had a big dent in middle and a curb dent . I took mine to a body shop and there are two pieces, outer and inner. He flattened the outside panel and on the edge he use a piece of 11/2 steel pipe and fixed the edge round. Then he filled all the dents and primed and matched the paint. If I showed it to you, you couldn't find it. That was cheaper than Visone panel. I live in Ky and went to there place and I would have taken it off for them but they where sky high, and I still had to paint it to match. Best of Luck

Larry and Tammy
2003 38FD Alpine 350 Cummins
2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Larry,
Yesterday we contacted the Camping World Store 60 miles south of us in Eugene, Oregon and took the coach there for a cost estimate of Damage repair. They will send the doors to a local Metal Shop for templates for making new doors.
Meanwhile they will repair the Door frame and basement floor...we hope it will end up all pretty again !
Old 09-16-2017, 01:05 PM   #13

Really--you are going to take this kind of work to Camping World--good luck!
New Braunfels, Texas
Old Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 03:31 PM   #14

I agree with Old Scout. The Eugene / Junction City area has a lot of competent RV maintenance and repair facilitys. Right near you in Aurora is Speciality RV. Couple of brothers that both worked at Beaver. They do work at there home/farm. They are well equipped and know Alpines well. Best thing is you talk to the person who is doing the work. Gotta be a better choice than Camping World.

Tags
ace, door, replace, replacement