Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-10-2017, 06:32 PM   #1

Replacing dash trim?

I would like to give my interior a face lift, change the color schemes, etc. It's difficult to come up with any colors that don't clash with the dash trim. I'm talking about the speckeled looking, green wood grain inserts across the dash. I have the meadow green interior. Has anyone replaced theirs? Are they hard plastic or fiberglass? Is there a way to take them out and maybe spray paint them?!!!
Thanks!
Kiddikop is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-12-2017, 01:17 AM   #2

Mine are badly sun faded and I want to something to improve the looks. It will be interesting to read about what others have done.
AKOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 05:35 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Grand Design Owners Club
I had a boat that had black plastic trim, and I hated it. I used an adhesive backed wood grain product that was made for dash application and not only did it look much better, it held up to the sun and extreme temperature variations. I had some scraps leftover and my son covered the back of his ever present iPhone, and even that still looks great. This stuff could be stretched slightly to cover odd shaped parts with compound angles. I don't remember where I got it, or the brand but I am sure I would have just googled it to begin with.
kgchampagne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 02:47 PM   #4

There is a previous post on this. There is a company in Texas that restores wood grain dash panels. I have used them for several of my car restorations. They have a large variety of wood grains, carbon fiber look, brushed aluminum etc.
We are out and I don't have name handy. I believe the cost for the seven alpine dash pieces was around 450-500 with shipping
Old 08-12-2017, 03:14 PM   #5

Look up Craft Customs in Rockwell Tx. (214)564-1170. Last guess was about
100 per sq ft. Look at there web site for before and after. It is a hydro dip process
Old 08-12-2017, 03:22 PM   #6

Assuming you can separate pieces, vinyl wrap is frequently used in cars. Can be done by the average owner. Videos available on Youtube. Lots of styles/patterns available ... check eBay.

Tags
dash