Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-10-2014, 03:01 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Scared or not scared to buy ALPINE

Should I be afraid to buy a Alpine coach??? Not made since 2008. Where would I go for repair svc and or parts...? looking at 2008 40 fd.... 400 cummins.
cuemaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-10-2014, 03:10 PM   #2

I bought a 2004 Alfa. I would think that's a little more uncommon. As far as parts, your chassis will really define what you get and frankly, thats pretty standard. Spartan, Freightliner and so on use similar enough parts that powertrain parts are easy to get. The rest of it on the body can be easily had from places like camping world and other rv suppliers. Part of the fun of rving is making the rv your own with your own touches and modifications. I wouldn't worry about it. With a little ingenuity anything can be fixed and repaired or upraded.
1982 SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 07:58 PM   #3

So far as I know, there has never been an Alpine sidelined for lack of support. We have the Alpine Coach Assoc. Tech Library & we have this board w/many very knowledgeable DIY'ers.
I remember an Alpiner whose rear end gearing started howling due to excessive wear, their axle tag had been damaged & the shop couldn't read it. Took 48hrs to thru these networks to confirm the correct part# & they could order parts. This Forum works weekends, as do the ACA call tree lines, which is a big advantage over waiting around for factory support. Not to say its better on all counts, but it certainly has been better on many.
Old 03-11-2014, 06:22 AM   #4

My experience is that you will get more accurate, timely information from this forum than any of the so called experts in any of the local service shops.

Dave