RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 11-26-2020, 01:07 PM   #1

See Level

I installed my See Level gauges about a week and a half ago and tried them out last week for a few days.

The install was fairly straightforward, the toughest part was tracing the original wiring and getting it accessible to reuse. They ran it bundled and ty wrapped with other wiring in some pretty tight places.

I abandoned all the old sensors and installed the new ones on the passenger side of the black and gray tanks and on the rear of the fresh tank.

I taped them all in place and hooked them up and verified they worked before I permanently attached the sending strips. Everything seems to be working as it was designed too.

One bonus, I wasn't too sure about the propane tank reading 86% so I hit the calibrate button and low and behold I now have 100%. It's making propane as we speak!! It appears the calibrate button is working OK and 86% is probably pretty accurate.

I will recalibrate when/if I fill the propane tank, I'm still running on the fill up from 5 years ago when I bought the Alpine. However, the fuel tank is a different story!!

Terry
Terry W is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-26-2020, 02:52 PM   #2

Did the exact same install on my 2004.

Only issue is the waste tank walls on the passenger side are smaller than the walls on the wet bay side, due to the slope and shape of the tanks. This is especially noticeable for the black tank. This results in non-linear readings as the tanks begin to fill. It takes a while for the tanks to hit even 15% full, especially the black, but as they approach 50% or more, they fill rapidly so you cannot "estimate" how soon to dump by how long it took to fill to 50%. You must simply check the gauge more often.

One other quirk I discovered on my grey tank reading. Due to where I placed the sensor strip, relative to the top and bottom of the tank wall, when the tank is actually full of liquid, the sensor reads "0pn", like there is a open circuit in the wires. When that first happened, I thought I had a wiring issue and I rechecked all connections throughout the basement, but they were all good. Draining the tank restored the proper readings and they progressively show the filling of the tanks but, again, in a non-linear way.

Still, it is a great system and easy to use. Like you, I have yet to refill my propane tank and re-calibrate the LP gauge.
Ljwt330 is offline   Reply With Quote