Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-11-2021, 08:21 PM   #15

Here’s a photo. I just interrupted one small wire going to the Trombetta by adding the toggle switch. I picked the one on the right. The red hooded toggle was about $9. The wire I removed was literally hanging by a single strand. It was cut off and replaced with a new terminal. The other small wire was hanging by 2 strands. Yet another area to add to an annual checklist.

Like anything manual, one has to remember to flip the switch when appropriate.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	D301BBD5-1C7B-4E24-9307-79B21422DA17.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	353.4 KB
ID:	339244  
Kid Gloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-12-2021, 10:47 AM   #16

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayduke View Post
More info on the toggle please.
I'm using the method of never starting the engine unless the house batteries are already fully charged and/or running the generator until they are.

We have plans to do more electrical upgrades, but did the lithium earlier because the old lead acid house bank had died. I also had to replace the chassis side a year later.

Kevin, this is EXACTLY how I handled it when I first installed the lithium batteries................. Right up until the time my Alternator failed

Just sayin'
2006 Alpenlite 32RL - Sold
paul65k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 10:50 AM   #17

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Gloves View Post
Here’s a photo. I just interrupted one small wire going to the Trombetta by adding the toggle switch. I picked the one on the right. The red hooded toggle was about $9. The wire I removed was literally hanging by a single strand. It was cut off and replaced with a new terminal. The other small wire was hanging by 2 strands. Yet another area to add to an annual checklist.

Like anything manual, one has to remember to flip the switch when appropriate.
I'm getting ready to help a friend do a limited installation like this one on his 2004 coach. With this set-up can you still energize the Trombetta for starting purposes??
Old 08-12-2021, 12:29 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul65k View Post
I'm getting ready to help a friend do a limited installation like this one on his 2004 coach. With this set-up can you still energize the Trombetta for starting purposes??
Are you referring to utilizing the “boost” switch for starting? If the toggle switch is in the closed position, it is as if there were no switch at all. The battery inter-tie system will function as originally designed.

I open the toggle switch prior to starting. If necessary, the switch could be left in the closed position prior to start up, if a boost from the house batteries was required. Once started, I would scuttle back to the battery bay and set the switch to the open position.
Kid Gloves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 01:17 PM   #19

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Gloves View Post
Are you referring to utilizing the “boost” switch for starting? If the toggle switch is in the closed position, it is as if there were no switch at all. The battery inter-tie system will function as originally designed.

I open the toggle switch prior to starting. If necessary, the switch could be left in the closed position prior to start up, if a boost from the house batteries was required. Once started, I would scuttle back to the battery bay and set the switch to the open position.
Thank you

Tags
batteries, chassis, house batteries