Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-02-2017, 06:41 AM   #1

Shower Door Removal-1998 Alpine 36

Need directions for removing shower door from shower enclosure.
I need to remove the door in order to replace/re-position the rubber seal that holds the glass in the metal frame.

Also need instructions for adjusting the hinge to prevent the bottom door edge from dragging on the enclosure frame when opening and closing.

Took the coach to a glass shop - The tech couldn't figure out how to remove the door without disassembling the enclosure frame which is riveted together. I'm sure there must be a simpler way.

Experienced suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Gene
gmcgene is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-03-2017, 09:56 PM   #2

Gene
Not sure if it's the same as my 2001 was but feel on top of enclosure at the
Angle on either side of the door. You will feel a bracket with a screw on either end. As space between top of shower and ceiling is limited a stubby or right angle screw is needed to remove screws. This will allow top of panels to move outward and top door hinge will come out and you can remove door
Old 11-04-2017, 07:07 AM   #3

Alpine Owners Club
Gene, Sandy is right on ... I've removed mine a couple of times to repair or replace the bottom hinge.

Additional points:

Remove the side screw inside the door frame. Once loose, pull up on the frame with the door closed towards the ceiling. The side panels can be pulled away enough at the top to begin pulling the door frame out towards you. Keep pulling up and out until ti comes completely free. It's a pretty snug fit but it will come out. Re-install using the opposite order as I've described.

Also, if your hinge is worm excessively you can get a replacement at Pelland Enterprises: RV Doors, Windows, Tanks, Shower Pans and More - RV Windows
bcbowers is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door, removal, shower