Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-08-2005, 03:49 PM   #1

Has anyone connected a laptop running SilverLeaf VMSpc to the Voyager backup monitor?
The monitor has a secondary input, but the connector seems to be a proprietary plug. I can come out of my computer wuth either S-video or componant.
2005 40FDTS/#75220
2006 GMC Envoy toad
htg3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-08-2005, 03:49 PM   #2

Has anyone connected a laptop running SilverLeaf VMSpc to the Voyager backup monitor?
The monitor has a secondary input, but the connector seems to be a proprietary plug. I can come out of my computer wuth either S-video or componant.
2005 40FDTS/#75220
2006 GMC Envoy toad
Old 11-19-2005, 07:08 AM   #3

I have made some progress. I purchased an adaptor that will accept a male RCA plug for the composite video signal from my laptops "S" video output and the other end is a Voyager plug which feeds Video 2 to the monitor. With my lap top plugged in to the Voyager, I get a clone of the image on the laptop.
I have a new problem however. Although the VMSpc image on the laptop is largely in white background, those blocks on the Voyager image are in a purple background that makes reading the data very difficult. I need some help from a computer/video guru.
Thanks in advance.
2005 40FDTS/#75220
2006 GMC Envoy toad
Old 11-21-2005, 04:03 PM   #4

The Silverleaf in-dash unit in newer coaches has a push-button for dimming the screen in steps for night driving; I haven't seen controls on other aspects of screen brightness, contrast, color, etc.
There may be similar controls on the PC version thru buttons or options in the menu choices across the top.
Old 11-22-2005, 06:07 AM   #5

Htg3, have you tried changing the output of the S video adapter? Many laptops have the ability to change the screen resolution and color output of the 2nd adapter.
05 Alpine 40FDQS #75330 Towing 24' car hauler, 2012 Spyder, 2003 Harley FatBoy
Wayne R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 09:33 AM   #6

These are just the suggestions I was looking for. Thank you all.

FYI. The Voyager adaptor I purchased from RVCams (RVCams.com). It is: Voyager-1126810 Adapter: Female RCA to Voyager Color Monitor. $25.00 with shipping and NO, I do not have any connection with this business.
2005 40FDTS/#75220
2006 GMC Envoy toad