Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-26-2014, 01:43 PM   #1

Slide out toppers

I want to replace the toppers over my slide outs and was wondering if anyone has done this and if so where did you go? The color of mine are not white but a sand tone color. Does anyone know the proper name or number code for the toppers? I have looked on the rollers but no information was visible.
Thanks

2004 40ft MDTS
anthem4us is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-26-2014, 01:54 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
RV Slide-Out Topper Awning Replacement Fabric Installation is who I ordered from. Good service and a great product.

08 Winnebago Destination 39W Gas UFO Workhorse Chassis......It's really weird being the same age as old people. I thought getting old would take much longer.
UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 01:59 PM   #3

A number of us have replaced our toppers and you will find several threads if you search this forum. I also got my fabric from the above site that UFO Pilot referenced. You will need a second person to help with the install.
Algoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 05:02 PM   #4

Alpine Owners Club
Another happy customer of the above referenced vendor, and yes you will need two people. Even a non-mechanicaly inclined wife will do for the helper.
daveshan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 05:59 PM   #5

Alpine Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
I, too used the above vender. It's actually easier to use 3 people. One to guide the material into the channel on the coach, one to guide material onto the roller and one to pull the material along. Took about an hour.

The new material is a sand color and seems sturdier than the original.
jerry davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 06:11 PM   #6
KIX

Google Stone Vos in Brookesville, FL. They have an excellent product.
KIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 06:26 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
X2 on Stone Vos . They recently made four new toppers for me and they matched the OEM fabric perfectly and the covers are heavier and better made than original. Reasonable prices also.
Old 03-02-2014, 02:54 PM   #8

Alpine Owners Club
Alpine4us, You don't say where you are; but if you are not into do-it-youself and want to have it done for you, and are in California, you might want to consider "Shade Pro RV Awnings". They are in socal but make most FMCA events. They have done work for several of our rigs and I'm very happy with what they did for me. Their price was reasonable and workmanship excellent. Sometimes rv repair shops who only do a few awnings can easily screw things up. These guys do nothing but awnings. If you are interested they are at 800-328-5100 or ShadePro Inc.. Good Luck.
zinom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide, slide out