Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-19-2018, 01:17 PM   #1

Sure Power Controller Question

Been trying to track down why my batteries won't stay charged, and have been told that the solenoid between the house and chassis battery banks is dead. The part name is a Sure Power 3104 Battery Interconnect Controller, 300 amp.
Is this the same as the Trombetta, and Can I replace it with the Trombetta
114-1211-020?
Thanks!
Kiddikop is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-20-2018, 08:15 AM   #2

I have a Sure Power 1315-200, Battery Separator. Mine is backed up by a Cole Hersee 24812. I carry a spare 1315. When the batteries show improper charge, and as the solenoid fails, I will just replace the solenoid and attach the Sure Power to it.
If your 3104 has the Trombetta behind it, I would only replace the solenoid attach the 3104 and that should correct your charging issue.
Old 06-21-2018, 03:10 PM   #3

Follow-up Question

My original question re the Trombetta was a reflection of me not knowing what I am talking about, plus a miscommunication between my mechanic and myself.
I ordered the Trombetta and took it to my mechanic. He said this was good but it was missing a piece, and that both had failed. To demonstrate, he brought out another Trombetta that had a small black box attached to the side. It was labeled as the aforementioned Sure Power 3104 Battery Interconnect Controller, 300 amp. My mistake was thinking that the Trombetta and this Sure Power thing were one and the same. I have been trying to locate the Sure Power and it is in the $300 range. Does anyone know if there is another brand that would sub for this Interconnect, or will I have to just bite the bullet? My mechanic is scared to use a replacement until he hears from other Alpine owners that a different one other than Sure Power will work since he is new to Alpines and frankly seems afraid of them!
Thanks for the input. I've searched on this forum all day and found a lot on the Trombetta but hardly anything on this Sure Power thing.
Old 06-21-2018, 03:39 PM   #4

https://www.yandina.com/c600Info.htm
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 04:32 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed & Diane View Post
I have a Sure Power 1315-200, Battery Separator. Mine is backed up by a Cole Hersee 24812. I carry a spare 1315. When the batteries show improper charge, and as the solenoid fails, I will just replace the solenoid and attach the Sure Power to it.
If your 3104 has the Trombetta behind it, I would only replace the solenoid attach the 3104 and that should correct your charging issue.

Ed...I have been looking up the 1315-200 and will probably order this, but I notice that the original Sure Power 3104 is rated at 300 amps, and the 1315 is only rated 200 amps. Will this be a problem? I have 2 starting and 6 house batteries.
Thanks.
Old 06-21-2018, 05:47 PM   #6

I suggest you give Smith Auto Elec in Yakima, Wa a call.
509 453 8275. They supported WRV with coach electrical issues, years ago. They did my original Sure Power install. He could explain the differences.

It seems that I'm replacing mine every 2 years. He suggested that I may have power draw issues with the Vansco, not a box I want to open. When I see charging issues, it's an easy change and gets me back running.

I run two chassis and six AGM, the tall ones, total 900 AH.

Tags
power