Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-21-2019, 05:27 PM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
Just put 6 new Toyo M170Hs on, replacing the old Michliens. $2600 out the door ! Much firmer ride...the Michliens always had a soft ride.
Chuck and Robbin Harrison....plus 1 PB, a G Pyrenees and 1 Jack Russell. Zenie, Smokie and Buddy ! 1998 38' Monaco Dynasty Duke with a 8.3 Cummins. Everyday truck is a 2010 F150 XLT 4x4 and 2016 Ford Escape.
Migkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-21-2019, 08:29 PM   #16

After more research than I’ve already done and feedback from everyone, I’m going to go with Toyo M154s. I looked at the M170 and M177. Upon discussion with the gentleman at Southern Tire Mart, he recommended the M154s over the others for use on a coach. He mentioned a few differences in tread pattern and how they will ride.

I called him back today and asked if they had a military discount and/or cash discount. He’s going to talk to his manager. I’m hoping they get me to right at $3,000 out the door. Beard on research, I trust STM more than other shops in the area that don’t do the volume or RV business that they do.

Anyone have any idea on what an alignment will run?
Old 02-22-2019, 09:37 AM   #17

Alpine Owners Club
Henderson's Lineup in Oregon 2 years ago was $400 to test drive before and after, weigh and set tire pressure, check rear thrust align, set toe in. I needed a camber adjustment on one side for an extra $130. They did a good job and now it tracks steady and true like an Alpine should. I had it done a couple hundred miles after 6 Toyo M154 were mounted. Your quotes on the Toyo's are right in there with what I paid. Happy with the tires except they seem too loud on rough pavement to me. This is my first DP and first set of tires so I don't really have much to compare them to. In hindsight I maybe would have tried to save a little on the 4 rear tires and investigated more to shoot for a bit quieter ride for the front no matter what the cost. I don't think you can really hear the rear tires and if I were to have a tire problem one of the rears would be way better than in the front.
c_oneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 05:53 PM   #18

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by c_oneil View Post
I don't think you can really hear the rear tires and if I were to have a tire problem one of the rears would be way better than in the front.
Unless it's the drivers outside dual and it takes out the radiator stack when it goes.
Janet and Todd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 12:08 AM   #19

Just ordered Six new 11R 22.5 Falken Ri 150 tires from an online retailer for $2040 delivered. I have a local mobile installer that will install with balance beads in each tire for $350. I couldn’t justify $3900 for Michelin’s installed thru FMCA program. My Rv only gets around 2-3k miles a year although in a few weeks I will be doing a trip from CA to Tx then to Ut and back to CA. I’ll have to report back after my trip on ride quality. It currently has Michelin’s and Road King shocks.
ToggleSwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 08:23 PM   #20

During the test drive of our Alpine the steering wheel shook a bit and the coach would drift to the right. It had 6 brand new toyo's from Les Schwab on it, the rears were a traction/road tire and the front were a road tire. I ask them to install two new Michelin on the front and what a difference, It drives great !.
R.Korn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 08:27 PM   #21

….this is a fairly common situation...often, you can simple remount and reverse the direction of the front tire rotations and improve balance/pull, this of course assuming they are not single direction steer tires.
New Braunfels, Texas
Old Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 07:32 AM   #22

Alpine Owners Club
Yep, my last set of Tokyo’s immediately started pulling/drifting to the right. The tire dealer then aligned the front end but didn’t really find any thing off. The manager then had them swap the front tires left & right. WOW! The coach has NEVER steered so easily and without any drift ( depending on road conditions of course ). The called it “radial pull”.
bcbowers is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tires