Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-27-2005, 05:24 PM   #1

Drove 8-11th and coach needed work. Upon arrival, the covering around steering shaft was off. Also apparently during delivery the sliding bedroom doors were not secured and got hammered{in transport} and were on the bed.. {I did notice a couple bent roller units.} I know that they have been checking the main breaker box because on a inspection and trying to get the know the coach better,I found the cover is off. But have not asked yet. Actually, I bought this from a sister company in Washington state and they delivered it to the sister company in Arizona.Where I took delivery.

What is really nice for me is that I am in no rush and have told them so. It appears that they are overwhelmed with work and the place is pretty packed.
This is great because I am living in it and getting use to everything. They have a electical and water connection for me and if I need to use the sanitary connection,I can practice the "gauntlet run" to the "Dump Bay".
Being a rookie, it's good practice.
I told them I am here for a few month's and I don't mind taking my time and really {GOING OVER THE COACH
What I like is the fact that they have been very open and honest about problems that they noticed during their inspection.Also problems that were incountered on delivery.
But given the time to really look and work the coach{to test things out} This is what I found..Now mind you, I am really looking pretty close at everything,but not traveling anywhere with the coach.{Travel Test}
The following things were pointed out to me besides the bedroom door slide and the cover on the steering shaft.{I think they have some kind of noise or friction from it on the way down from Washington.This was found by the Arizona group.....Water filter was missing.{Not installed}-Toilet seal gasket leaks and will not hold water.-There is a rip in the Bedroom driver side slide gasket{as seen from the outside]4-5 inch tear.-I've been told that the roof needs to be caulked. Now, I am not sure exactly what needs be done. But today's the 27th and I've been here 16 day's and it rained something fierce. No leaks at all......I did take a look at the roof first few nights though and the only thing I really noticed is that there is at the rear of the bus a "strap" {some kind of Bonding joint that goes from the cargo bay in the rear of the bus, all the way across the roof section down the of side of the coach to the cargo bay.Something just doesn't look exactly right there.But I'm no expert.Looks like work had been done before I arrived already. When I get a look at a few other Alpine roof's, I will have a better idea.-Remote for back bedroom tv missing.-

Now this is what I have noticed since being here....
1.Hot and cold reversed on toilet bathroom sink.
2.Chip {pea size} in kitchen table.Surface area,about the middle.
3.Drawer under bed does not have a "latch" to keep it shut.
4. In cargo bay, above , noticed what looks like a hydraulic line with a big bubble in it right next to the brass fitting. Definitly not normal.
5. One very loose lock on a cargo bay door.

I have also noticed that all the sinks seem to be glued directly to the corian counter top. But I see no other means to secure the sink basin...maybe it's just me but is that all that's holding them up???

Everyone around here has ben so busy that I have been reading everything in those 2 black hard case folders.Although so far,everything has been self taught,but I am starting to get a better idea of whats all going on.It would be nice to get one of the technicians to go over it with me, but as pressed as they are, going to have to learn as much as possible by the book and when things get slower around here, then I'll have my chance.
There does seem to be some missing literature dealing which the inverter{Onan Equinox} I ain't totally got it all figured out but I understand it much better by just going through the different cycles. I am also wondering where the dryer vent is connected because it seems to get quite warm in the bedroom during a dryer cycle.{hope the blower is hooked up outside...?}

Two last things I have noticed...There is no 12dv adapter near the cockpit.I was hoping to hook the laptop through a dc-ac converter. {for Co-pilot navagation}
Also sad to see no Cassette outlet on the coach...Must be a thing of the past...But I still like them!

What is also nice is to get to see all the different coaches that come into here. So far I have had the privledge to inspect the folowing coaches.
Travel Supreme select 45'2005
Beaver Thunder patriot42'2005
American Eagle 40' 2003
Travel Supreme 38' 2004
Windsor
Alpine {other then my own}
Monaco

There are a number of different things that I like about each one.It's to bad we could not combine ALL the things we like ..ALL INTO ONE !!
All in all, I am pleased with the selection I have made. Just like building a house... There will always be some things that need to be fixed to make it all right.
I think and hope what will be my biggest satisfaction is when I take it for a ride. It is to my understanding that I will be very pleased on how the Alpine will handle.
This is a major reason for my purchase!There might be a few things I would change ..and might. But overall, I think it to be a solid choice.
Wingding is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-27-2005, 05:24 PM   #2

Drove 8-11th and coach needed work. Upon arrival, the covering around steering shaft was off. Also apparently during delivery the sliding bedroom doors were not secured and got hammered{in transport} and were on the bed.. {I did notice a couple bent roller units.} I know that they have been checking the main breaker box because on a inspection and trying to get the know the coach better,I found the cover is off. But have not asked yet. Actually, I bought this from a sister company in Washington state and they delivered it to the sister company in Arizona.Where I took delivery.

What is really nice for me is that I am in no rush and have told them so. It appears that they are overwhelmed with work and the place is pretty packed.
This is great because I am living in it and getting use to everything. They have a electical and water connection for me and if I need to use the sanitary connection,I can practice the "gauntlet run" to the "Dump Bay".
Being a rookie, it's good practice.
I told them I am here for a few month's and I don't mind taking my time and really {GOING OVER THE COACH
What I like is the fact that they have been very open and honest about problems that they noticed during their inspection.Also problems that were incountered on delivery.
But given the time to really look and work the coach{to test things out} This is what I found..Now mind you, I am really looking pretty close at everything,but not traveling anywhere with the coach.{Travel Test}
The following things were pointed out to me besides the bedroom door slide and the cover on the steering shaft.{I think they have some kind of noise or friction from it on the way down from Washington.This was found by the Arizona group.....Water filter was missing.{Not installed}-Toilet seal gasket leaks and will not hold water.-There is a rip in the Bedroom driver side slide gasket{as seen from the outside]4-5 inch tear.-I've been told that the roof needs to be caulked. Now, I am not sure exactly what needs be done. But today's the 27th and I've been here 16 day's and it rained something fierce. No leaks at all......I did take a look at the roof first few nights though and the only thing I really noticed is that there is at the rear of the bus a "strap" {some kind of Bonding joint that goes from the cargo bay in the rear of the bus, all the way across the roof section down the of side of the coach to the cargo bay.Something just doesn't look exactly right there.But I'm no expert.Looks like work had been done before I arrived already. When I get a look at a few other Alpine roof's, I will have a better idea.-Remote for back bedroom tv missing.-

Now this is what I have noticed since being here....
1.Hot and cold reversed on toilet bathroom sink.
2.Chip {pea size} in kitchen table.Surface area,about the middle.
3.Drawer under bed does not have a "latch" to keep it shut.
4. In cargo bay, above , noticed what looks like a hydraulic line with a big bubble in it right next to the brass fitting. Definitly not normal.
5. One very loose lock on a cargo bay door.

I have also noticed that all the sinks seem to be glued directly to the corian counter top. But I see no other means to secure the sink basin...maybe it's just me but is that all that's holding them up???

Everyone around here has ben so busy that I have been reading everything in those 2 black hard case folders.Although so far,everything has been self taught,but I am starting to get a better idea of whats all going on.It would be nice to get one of the technicians to go over it with me, but as pressed as they are, going to have to learn as much as possible by the book and when things get slower around here, then I'll have my chance.
There does seem to be some missing literature dealing which the inverter{Onan Equinox} I ain't totally got it all figured out but I understand it much better by just going through the different cycles. I am also wondering where the dryer vent is connected because it seems to get quite warm in the bedroom during a dryer cycle.{hope the blower is hooked up outside...?}

Two last things I have noticed...There is no 12dv adapter near the cockpit.I was hoping to hook the laptop through a dc-ac converter. {for Co-pilot navagation}
Also sad to see no Cassette outlet on the coach...Must be a thing of the past...But I still like them!

What is also nice is to get to see all the different coaches that come into here. So far I have had the privledge to inspect the folowing coaches.
Travel Supreme select 45'2005
Beaver Thunder patriot42'2005
American Eagle 40' 2003
Travel Supreme 38' 2004
Windsor
Alpine {other then my own}
Monaco

There are a number of different things that I like about each one.It's to bad we could not combine ALL the things we like ..ALL INTO ONE !!
All in all, I am pleased with the selection I have made. Just like building a house... There will always be some things that need to be fixed to make it all right.
I think and hope what will be my biggest satisfaction is when I take it for a ride. It is to my understanding that I will be very pleased on how the Alpine will handle.
This is a major reason for my purchase!There might be a few things I would change ..and might. But overall, I think it to be a solid choice.
Old 02-27-2005, 07:23 PM   #3

Alpine Owners Club
Congrats, we are sure you will enjoy it.

The 12v power point on our 2000 coach is located under the right side of the dash on the side wall that encloses the radio and heater controls. It's about where your right knee is. You may have to get on the floor to find it the first time.
I run an inverter from there but am thinking of hard wiring it with a switch, and building a small low profile cabinet on the dash to plug into.
Wingding, do you have a Goldwing?
Old 02-27-2005, 09:08 PM   #4

Thanks Tom and Patty !
It's good to see a new thing or 2 that I have not already found. Thats going to be nice with the laptop co-pilot. I think there is room behind the pullout{control panel for leveler and slide ext.} to store a power inverter.

Not that I planned it this way but Alpine has a very nice spot to place your laptop that is level and at a nice angle to the road.I have seen many coaches with no way to place a laptop on their dash.

Oddly one of Alpines weaker points is the very "uneventful"front facial area of the dash.{What you see when you open the door and step up.} Many use wood and stone ,marble,corian, or just plastic and wood. But if there is one area which they could "spuce up" I would say that is the weakest spot. {WE are talking just "inner Decor" now}

Now if I can only find that cassette slot ? !
Old 03-01-2005, 10:59 PM   #5

Alpine Owners Club
Wingding,
Are you currently using Co-pilot? What are you likes and dislikes?
The cassette slot if it is there is in the radio face. We use it for our XM.
Old 03-03-2005, 07:26 AM   #6

Alpine Owners Club
Hello Wingding:

Welcome to the forum. Since you took delivery in Arizona I hope you can join Alpine So Cal during its April Rally at Emerald Desert Emerald Desert Golf & RV Resort, Palm Desert, CA. You meet a lot of Alpine Owners and you'll be able to ask a lot of questions. Look at our website for complete details.

Dave
Dave Fernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2005, 05:34 AM   #7

Well Ah,..Tom and Patty,..I never had a gold wing. But I did have a Honda 500cc...

You Know, I have pulled up the co-pilot on my dash and spent hours going through the different aspects of it.. But to truthfully say that this coach has not moved off the dealers lot since I have been here. So as to a real live trip {MOVING}.. I cannot say....!!!???

Lets see,..Today's the 4th of march and I have been here since the 11th of Feb..thats about 3 weeks...I feel like the little bird eager to try his "Alpine WINGS"..

The Co-pilot has really good reviews. The software actually considers routes for Rv's with height restrictions of 12'6" along with auto routes.It gives you a choice of different viewing aspects,3D.It has features that alow others {Or family or friends if you wish} to tract your position. I was going to get the Delorme product but the reviews of people that had them were so poor that I decided to spend the extra $ and I am very glad because I think I got a much better navigating system. I all comes down to having a decent laptop setup. With a Alpine..Unless they have made a change in their dash,is well configured to handle a laptop at a good viewing angle.

Well I can tell you this.The Co-pilot will be up and going when I leave this lot!!!-Hope to see you somewhere down or up OR on any road for that matter !!