Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-14-2017, 11:32 AM   #1

Turn signal light for towed not working

On a 36ft front door 2001 Apline Coach - Left turn signal for the toad is not working. At the connector at the back of the coach I have right turn signal but not left. Pulled plug on coach and everything looks OK - no broken wires, etc.

Everything working except left turn signal. Is there a fuse for the left turn signal (I assume there is) but where is it located?

Thanks for your help.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-14-2017, 11:51 AM   #2

Google your coach and turn signal fuse
Bob_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 05:12 PM   #3

...is the turn signal on the coaches working????
New Braunfels, Texas
Old Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 02:53 PM   #4

turn signal not working

I dont have a alpine coach but a Fleetwood Excursion 39s on Spartan Chassis and had the same problem, I finally found a blown fuse at the passenger seat heater fuse. What I am saying is to be sure to check every fuse you can find whether you think it is relevant or not. I found the seat heater fuse blown on the first day I started checking the wiring, (I spent 4 days checking every relay and wire harness I could find) but decided it could have no relationship with turn signals until I pulled the fuse panel out and saw that it fed the hot wire to the signal relay. Maybe this will help you, I almost gave up. I got no help with google other than being told there were 2 fuses for the left turn/brake for the trailer connection.
JerryClark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 05:03 PM   #5

On our alpine coaches we have separate tail and turn lights. For the towing plug they are combined to use same bulb for both. On my previous 2001 alpine the 3 wire to 2 wire signal converter was located on the frame cross member just below the radiator surge tank. It's about 2"x 3" just held in place with self stick tape and the wires. Follow wires from trailer plug along loom for about 12 to 18 inches. On mine coach turn would work but toads would not. Relaxed and all was good
Old 10-15-2017, 05:04 PM   #6

Replaced and all was good
Old 10-18-2017, 08:49 AM   #7

I think Sandy1 has probably nailed it. I found the combiner at the rear of the engine, pretty much in the center. I purchased a new combiner from Napa but haven't had a chance to install it yet.

Thanks

Tags
light, tow