Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-18-2021, 12:44 PM   #1

Alpine Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Turn signal trigger wire

I have an Apex with the Silverleaf VMS system. The three OEM cameras hook to it. When turn signals or backup are initiated - the screen switches to show that camera. Last year I sent the unit to SilverLeaf for a software upgrade. When it returned - NO cameras worked or activated. The GREEN arrows do, however, light up and blink when I use the turn signals or activate with the flashers. Of course, Silverleaf said "not our fault, must be a problem with the Vansco".
The various setup screens on the VMS unit will not activate the cameras either. If it is the Vansco (don't think it is), how can I check or verify that.? Does anyone know of another work-around? Can I find a trigger wire behind the dash , or, what wire would it be on the Vansco? Thanks for your help.
bobkathy95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-19-2021, 10:06 AM   #2

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobkathy95 View Post
I have an Apex with the Silverleaf VMS system. The three OEM cameras hook to it. When turn signals or backup are initiated - the screen switches to show that camera. Last year I sent the unit to SilverLeaf for a software upgrade. When it returned - NO cameras worked or activated. The GREEN arrows do, however, light up and blink when I use the turn signals or activate with the flashers. Of course, Silverleaf said "not our fault, must be a problem with the Vansco".
The various setup screens on the VMS unit will not activate the cameras either. If it is the Vansco (don't think it is), how can I check or verify that.? Does anyone know of another work-around? Can I find a trigger wire behind the dash , or, what wire would it be on the Vansco? Thanks for your help.
Let me see if I have this right?

Signals were working fine, you send the Silverleaf in for an upgrade and when you get it back the signals don't work and......... They say it's the Vansco

Exactly why we dumped our Silverleaf after getting our coach with a SL and went with a BlueFire.

Sorry that with your Apex there are no other options but my experience with SL on the phone was enough to drive me to another vendor

Good luck, wish I could be of more assistance with your issue but this thread just made me feel compelled to vent
2006 Alpenlite 32RL - Sold
paul65k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 10:24 AM   #3

I would suggest you contact Silver Leaf again and insist that they own the issue. The Vansco is doing its job as evidenced by the proper function of the signals and dash lights. The only change to the correctly working system was done by Silver Leaf, and now it doesn't operate as designed.
Ljwt330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 10:56 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ljwt330 View Post
I would suggest you contact Silver Leaf again and insist that they own the issue. The Vansco is doing its job as evidenced by the proper function of the signals and dash lights. The only change to the correctly working system was done by Silver Leaf, and now it doesn't operate as designed.
Agree 100%
2005 Alpine 36FDDS #75268
MARYSVILLE, WA.
Jeep401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 05:32 PM   #5

Alpine Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
All is fixed - spent a while on the phone with Silverleaf. Seems the update had changed some settings. Other thing I didn't know was that unit has to be powered Off then On each time you change a setting for it to take place. So the configuration takes a little longer. Thanks to all for your help.
Old 01-20-2021, 07:13 PM   #6

Bob,
What setting changed? Iíve had a problem with the passenger side camera for over a year. As usual, your advice is welcomed!
Steve and Linda's APEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 08:00 PM   #7

Alpine Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
On the setup screen in the Program button - make sure that Turn Signal Zoom is set to YES. Then - hold the Video & Bright button together for about 5 seconds or so - until a new screen appears. NEVER knew this was there. It is a Video set up screen. Here, cycle thru each of the 4 video inputs (Using the knob) 1, 2 and 3 should say Enable - YES. Video 4 (not used) should say NO.
What kept throwing me off is that the system requires a re-boot each time a setting is changed. Dumb design - but it is what it is. Some how some of these got messed up on the software upgrade.
This is assuming your cameras are good. I had tested mine on a separate monitor using a Voyager adapter connection - needed to get power to the cameras.