Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-09-2008, 04:25 PM   #1

Alpine Owners Club
I have heard of other peoples horrow stories about wayword slides, well I got mine today.
On I10 just west of Palm Springs the bed room slide appears in the rear view mirror. Coachnet sent some help in short order but all we could do was get the slide in part way. I block it with a couple of 4x8's an proceded to Indio. Question; will the slide vibrate it's way out if a hose connection parts, or would the pump have to start on its own and push out the slide then blow off the hydraulic line?
So here we are at Indian Waters (hopefully untill Monday) so we can get some repairs done.
Brad
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-09-2008, 04:25 PM   #2

Alpine Owners Club
I have heard of other peoples horrow stories about wayword slides, well I got mine today.
On I10 just west of Palm Springs the bed room slide appears in the rear view mirror. Coachnet sent some help in short order but all we could do was get the slide in part way. I block it with a couple of 4x8's an proceded to Indio. Question; will the slide vibrate it's way out if a hose connection parts, or would the pump have to start on its own and push out the slide then blow off the hydraulic line?
So here we are at Indian Waters (hopefully untill Monday) so we can get some repairs done.
Brad
Old 02-09-2008, 06:34 PM   #3

I have lots of experience with the bedroom slide, having had our share of hydraulic problems with our '06 36 MDDS.

The hydraulic system not only pushes the slide out it also holds the slide in. You probably have a leaking hose or some other part. Have you checked for hydraulic leaks? You probably have a lot of leaked hydraulic fluid around the radiator on the left rear slide of the coach.

There are some people who are good at repairing these hydraulic issues with HWH systems in Palm Springs. One of them is Mike Flowerday, HWH certified, phone 541-410-5555, who repaired my hydraulic problems last year. He will come to your site and figure out your problem and take care of it for you, and is also recommended by WRV.

I feel like the poster child for these hydraulic problems on rear slides, so feel free to send me a private message and I'll be glad to talk to you, since I'm staying in Palm Springs for the winter and offer what help I can.
Former Owner, 2005 Tioga 31M and Arctic Fox 22GQ
OldForester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 05:28 AM   #4

I have used Mike Flowerday in Indio at Old Forester's suggestion too. Came to my site in Indio a couple of months ago and sorted out slide/hose problems. Nice guy- works hard. He spent enough time sorting mine that I'd qualify him as an expert on an '05 MDDS! I could never have the patience he displayed.
Old 02-10-2008, 07:16 AM   #5

Rick, glad you had a good experience with Mike as well.

Two sailors, I am having a problem with my front slide creeping in at the bottom when I have it extended. I talked to Mike about it and he plans to replace the extend/retract solenoids because he says they're not holding the slide out.

So, if you don't have a hydraulic leak, that might be the problem.
Former Owner, 2005 Tioga 31M and Arctic Fox 22GQ
OldForester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 06:40 PM   #6

Alpine Owners Club
I talked with WRV today and they are setting me up with a tech in the Phoenix area to reroute an replace the slide hoses. Chris says WRV will pickup the bill. I hope it goes as planned. At this point I appreciat the fact that we don't have deep slides. 1; I didn't take up more than one lane. 2; the coach is livable with the slides in and we are parked in a level park.
Old 02-12-2008, 10:16 AM   #7

Alpine Owners Club
two sailors,

I live in the Phoenix area and would be interested in who WRV sets you up with for your slide hose repair. I have had bedroom slide problems since purchase in 2004, many hoses replaced and rerouted. My last fix took 18 hours of labor (lots of cleanup) and WRV would only pay for 6. My only consolation is that my slide works now after 3 years.

John Neff
2005 34'
John Neff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 07:42 AM   #8

Alpine Owners Club
I talked with HWH tech this morning and he explained about the other two slide solenoid on the tank side of the manifold. The slide moves very easly by hand when one gets the right valve open. Luckily no HWY PATROL came up behind me between Indio and Mesa, driveing with the slide halfway out.