Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-15-2020, 02:24 PM   #1

Vansco problems

2004 Alpine Coach with a Vansco Electronic system. I have no front turn signal, no back up lights, no cruise control/brake release, and now no brake lights. I am a full time traveler. Does anyone know of a place that services the Vansco system? I called their office in Canada and I was told they couldn’t help.

HELP, Bob
Jeepinbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-15-2020, 03:14 PM   #2

Hi Bob,
I don’t think you will find a service that will troubleshoot the Vansco for you. If it is kaputt then you need a new one and it is rather easy to install.
So you have 2 Vansco system one in the front under the panel in front of the passenger seat (under dash) and one in the battery compartment.
A common troubleshooting process is to first inspect the plugs and make sure especially for the rear unit that there is no corrosion going on an all are seated well.
Second is that you can swap the 2 units to see if the fault travels with it.
What I would do first is to see if both units are communicating so with ignition ON the Net LED on top of the unit needs to blink fast.
So let’s do that first.
Once you have done that we can take the next step.
Joerg
Alpine06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 03:15 PM   #3

First option is to "recycle"/reboot the modules--shut off the chassis bat kill switch, verify that lights on modules go out; cross-fingers and toes; then turn switch back on after several minutes....
New Braunfels, Texas
Old Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 03:17 PM   #4

Yes, I second that !
Old 10-15-2020, 03:37 PM   #5

It’s really just a box of “self-resetting” relays, that sometimes need to be forced to reset.
RVPioneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 11:05 PM   #6

I can only add that under extreme low voltage (batteries) I had to disconnect the ground to the batteries in order to get a complete reset.
Most times not, but I had to do this twice in 15 years.
Mule Skinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 05:24 PM   #7

Vansco

I tried the reboot again using the switches. The NET lights by the dash and in the battery compartment were both flashing before and after. Tomorrow I will disconnect the batteries and try again. First it needs a cleaning, there is so much dust (as usual) that I can’t tell the cable colors.

I saw another article online that said replacement of two panels cost about $2700. Yikes!

Thanks for all the input. Bob
Old 10-16-2020, 05:45 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepinbob View Post
I tried the reboot again using the switches. The NET lights by the dash and in the battery compartment were both flashing before and after. Tomorrow I will disconnect the batteries and try again. First it needs a cleaning, there is so much dust (as usual) that I can’t tell the cable colors.

I saw another article online that said replacement of two panels cost about $2700. Yikes!

It is unlikely that you will have 2 bad units. One is $1800-1900. There were one or two listed in the classifieds on this site.

Many owners carry a spare. I’d recommend exhausting all other possibilities before just buying one.
Old 10-16-2020, 05:46 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepinbob View Post

It would be a rather rare incident that both your Vansco units need to be replaced.
So the Net lights blinking is a good thing as the Vansco is properly communicating.
Tomorrow you could confirm that the inputs/ outputs on both units are as they are supposed to be with ignition on. This would be another step. In addition we can check the break lights input / output that you mentioned is not working.
Old 10-24-2020, 07:11 AM   #10

Jeepinbob,
Did you solve the problem? If so what was the issue?
Old 10-25-2020, 07:36 AM   #11

Unfortunately not. I disconnected the negative on the battery bank and it acted like it reset but to no avail. Been preoccupied with other problems.

Lost my toad a few weeks ago when it broke loose where the base plate bolts to the frame. The Jeep unibody frame only has two big holes where the base plates was. Insurance company totaled the old Cherokee. Just bought another Cherokee yesterday.

Very frustrating, but you deal with your problems and move on.
Old 10-25-2020, 08:42 AM   #12

Was it determined which component failed? Base plate, frame, bolts, all of the above?
Old 10-26-2020, 07:07 AM   #13

It was the frame of the 2002 Cherokee that failed. A big hole, on each side, where the baseplate was bolted through the unibody frame. I loved that car.
Old 10-27-2020, 05:00 PM   #14

Well, I’ve put the coach in the shop at Lazydays in The Villages, Florida, which at this point looks to a mistake. They have determined that all the turn signals, backuplights, and brake lights all work ... until you start the motor, at which time they don’t work.

They have ordered schematics from Vansco to trace the problem. They have already estimated trouble shooting at 4 - 5 hours labor. Geeeez.

Tags
ems, problem, problems