Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-03-2018, 01:25 PM   #1

Alpine Owners Club
VDC goes on and off

I needs some help, my 2004 alpine has a problem when I first start the engine. The info center and gauges go on and then off until the battery voltage gets to 13 volts or more. I watch the voltage on VmSpc so that is where I see the voltage. I traced down the problem to output 7 on the rear Vansco, I watch it flash until the voltage get high enough then it stays on after that. I can't find info on the early vansco coaches, like to know where the voltage is sensed from.
MountainMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-15-2018, 12:20 PM   #2

Alpine Owners Club
I can close this thread, I have figured out the problem. The air drier heater is on the same circuit as the run signal for the VDC, the drier is rated at 12 amps at 12 volt. The Vansco output are rated at 6 amps, so in cold temperatures (below 40 degrees) the output trips from over current turning off the VDC. Once the dried heats up above 40 degrees an internal thermostat turn off the heater and the output will stay on. Proved this by disconnect the heater and turning on the key, VDC started right up. I did reconnect the heater.
MountainMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 07:44 PM   #3

WOW--Sherlock Holmes would be proud!!!! Great detective work on this issue. Some owners have had issues with running lots of trailer lights so they installed a by-pass relay to power the lights from the battery bank and use the low amp Vansco feed to trigger the aforementioned relay. Of course, you would want to put an in-line fuse in the relay circuit....
New Braunfels, Texas
Old Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 06:32 AM   #4

I have had an issue in cold weather where the info center and dash gauges do not function until the engine warms up. It is usually about the first 15-20 minutes running. Once it's warmed up everything functions normally. Have never seen this discussed in any posts.
Mocha Latte is offline   Reply With Quote