Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-23-2021, 04:32 AM   #15

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianna View Post
No kidding Paul?
The mini-split sounds like a fantastic idea.
Without starting a new thread, can you give a brief description of how it will work in the rv? Like, electric /gas? Produces x amount of heating/cooling btu? Cost? Instalation?
Well, Bruce Pflieger and I are working on this together or more accurately in concert with each other on our respective coaches.

I'm planning on an LG system with the Art Deco unit in the main cabin and a standard wall unit in the rear, which will replace both of our existing rooftop AC/Heat-pump noisemakers.

The ArtDeco unit for the front (12K) is basically a picture frame that will hang on the refrigerator wall and connections will come through the basement to the condenser which will be in one of the lower bays, in our case the battery bay as we've relocated the house batteries and have the space. The rear unit will be a standard wall mount (9K) on the rear wall and require cabinet modification over the bed to accommodate.

The refrigeration lines will be below and the electrical requirements are already in place with our upgrade last summer.

That's the high level, we're still working out the finer details but hope to have this installation done by the end of the year.

Total cost of the unit and installation is expected to be in the $3,500 - 4,500 range
2006 Alpenlite 32RL - Sold
paul65k is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-23-2021, 01:12 PM   #16

Alpine Owners Club
Wall Mirrors

We removed all the beveled mirrors in our coach. On the wall by the refrigerator, I used plywood veneer stained to match our cabinets and added a hand rail. We used Home Depot back splash in the kitchen, bathroom sink and side corners of the bed. In the bathroom, we shortened the corner cabinet to cover just the heat outlet. Then added wainscoting (plastic and very easy to clean) to the walls to cover the unfaded wallpaper arena left exposed when we cut down the cabinet.

Thank you for the other great ideas posted earlier as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DB8F37B8-6614-49B8-9521-CF1FCC0C8C42.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	247.8 KB
ID:	315528   Click image for larger version

Name:	6380955F-83C8-4E3D-8395-2604297C32C8.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	220.3 KB
ID:	315529  

Click image for larger version

Name:	CA42FAAB-FCD3-40AA-85AD-E518E0D516E4.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	137.0 KB
ID:	315530  
Bruce Anthon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 01:23 PM   #17

The wood wall looks great, Bruce.
I like the wainscoting idea as well. I have been thinking that just adding the chair rail would add interest in my alpine bathroom.
Brianna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 01:30 PM   #18

I struggled with my dining room mirrors until I learned two techniques online.
1. Use a hair dryer/heat gun to soften the adhesive.
2. After wedging some tool under the mirror in the most cooperative spot, sit back and wait. You have put the adhesive under stress and it will slowly adjust to remove the stress. Then you will be able to push your wedge in further and repeat the process. Ultimately, the entire panel will pop off the wall in one piece.
Brianna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 01:36 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianna View Post
I struggled with my dining room mirrors until I learned two techniques online.
1. Use a hair dryer/heat gun to soften the adhesive.
2. After wedging some tool under the mirror in the most cooperative spot, sit back and wait. You have put the adhesive under stress and it will slowly adjust to remove the stress. Then you will be able to push your wedge in further and repeat the process. Ultimately, the entire panel will pop off the wall in one piece.
I've found that a used guitar string or some other form of thin, strong wire works well if two-sided foam mounting tape has been used. I suppose it would also work on softened adhesive as in Brianna's post and would be safer than wedging.

We covered the backsplash mirrors with stainless steel tiles from Lowes (or Home Depot) and hung a quilted wall hanging over the mirror in our "living room".
BCam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 10:29 AM   #20

Got the mirrors off, used a hair dryer, putty knives and wedges, also a knife to cut little bits of glue. All came off in one piece and went directly into the trash can.

Still have some glue remnants to remove and we'll be good to go. I just wish I knew which direction we are going!! At least we now "have" to do something to clean up the wall. Decision time!!

I'm leaning towards one of those chrome lady silhouettes that you see on mud flaps. Mirror and wall art in one, beauty and functionality. Hmmm

Terry
Terry W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 12:12 PM   #21

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry W View Post
I'm leaning towards one of those chrome lady silhouettes that you see on mud flaps. Mirror and wall art in one, beauty and functionality. Hmmm

Terry
2006 Alpenlite 32RL - Sold
paul65k is offline   Reply With Quote