Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-03-2010, 12:02 PM   #15

Alpine Owners Club
F&D ABQ: Could you please explain a little? Just what is "colored truck bedliner"?? I would really appreciate the information on this. You make it sound wonderfull, and if so, I'll trty it.

J.S.Eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-03-2010, 01:19 PM   #16

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.S.Eddy View Post
F&D ABQ: Could you please explain a little? Just what is "colored truck bedliner"?? I would really appreciate the information on this. You make it sound wonderfull, and if so, I'll trty it.

F&D, how about a picture or two?
Old 07-03-2010, 03:46 PM   #17

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave and Jaime View Post
F&D, how about a picture or two?
Nearly as soon done as said. Bedliner is what people usually spray on the inside of their truck beds. Comes in colors.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Alpine bedliner closeup.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	159.0 KB
ID:	4576   Click image for larger version

Name:	Alpine bedliner.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	120.9 KB
ID:	4577  

F&D ABQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 09:40 AM   #18

Alpine Owners Club
Thanks F&D ABQ. The picture certainly show what it is. Appreciater you sending the photos.

J.S. EDDY '03 38ft FDTS Douglas, GA
Old 09-07-2010, 06:43 PM   #19

Did you receive the 'bra'?
Beagle RC Air is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 11:42 AM   #20

Newmar Owners Club
You can also order and install yourself (if your handy with tools) a clear plexiglass cover, which moves when the slide comes out. My coach has the 3-M film on it, so I don't worry about it much.

Here is a link to the company i'm talking about: Body Block Shields

What did the spray on bed liner cost you?
Renipladlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 02:15 PM   #21

Alpine Owners Club
Thanks for the response, RV'r. It seems that there are a few answers to this common problem, or at least an irksome issue. I'm still worjking on different ideas with some limited results. If and when I find something that most all can benefit from, I'll include it in this thread.

Jim & Sandra Eddy
2003 38' FDTS, Douglas, Georgia.
Old 09-08-2010, 02:22 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renipladlo View Post
You can also order and install yourself (if your handy with tools) a clear plexiglass cover, which moves when the slide comes out. My coach has the 3-M film on it, so I don't worry about it much.

Here is a link to the company i'm talking about: Body Block Shields

What did the spray on bed liner cost you?
Our 2002 36MDDS came with the thick lucite shield. It was a pain to keep clean and the surface behind was difficult to clean also. Had a bra made at upholstery shop after I junked out the shield. Due to the concave shape at the bottom of the slideout the 'bra' didn't work out very well either. So, I filled the holes left by the lucite shield and had the Linex applied. Cost was about $700. Tough and easy to keep clean.
Beagle
Old 09-09-2010, 12:41 AM   #23

Newmar Owners Club
Beagle, the only concern I have with the bed-liner idea is weight. It's got is own weight issues, but I don't know how much. I talked with the owner of the local Rhino Linings and he told me one RV person had them do the roof of his unit. That stopped any leaks, but it made maintenance a chore I'm thinking. My black bed liner faded into a gray over time, so I don't know how well the color will stay in it. Good luck with what you did.
Renipladlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 07:43 AM   #24

Quote:
Beagle, the only concern I have with the bed-liner idea is weight. It's got is own weight issues, but I don't know how much. I talked with the owner of the local Rhino Linings and he told me one RV person had them do the roof of his unit. That stopped any leaks, but it made maintenance a chore I'm thinking. My black bed liner faded into a gray over time, so I don't know how well the color will stay in it. Good luck with what you did.
I think you are right on the weight issue with some of the heavier bed liner material. I would guess that the Linex added about 20-30 lbs. That would be about the weight of the orginal clear lucite panel that was held on with large SS lugs and bolts. Our Linex material is reddish brown that kinda matches the colors of the camper.
The front cap was suffering from some fiberglas tears on the pipe frame work when we first got the RV. Some of this I attributed to the weight of orginal lucite panel. The cracks and tears were all on the backside so repairs were easy. I think the major bedliner companies have the fading figured out. I have not experienced any fading but then we only have 2 years with it.
Beagle
Old 09-09-2010, 08:12 AM   #25

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
I haven't noticed any fading yet - after two years plus. It cleans surprisingly well. As for weight, only the transparent skin would weigh less.
F&D ABQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 09:56 PM   #26

Quote:
We are a LineX Dealer and installer. To prevent fading, a clear top coat is applied. Its called Line X "Extra". Should be standard practice on any color other than black. Adds quite a bit of shine and seals very well. I have trucks 10yrs old that look like the same as trucks done a month ago.