Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-29-2013, 04:12 PM   #15

Alpine Owners Club
water staining

Once they got on top they found a cracked a/c shroud. They pulled out the air intake grill inside upfront. Then flooded the roof. It had water in 3 places comming in. 2 were comming through the a/c area and 1 comming down some wires in the area where the hole is cut for the opening. There was no sealer in the hole for the wiring. Once the water got in that's why it went everywhere. I'm going to pull the back one girl off and check that one just to be safe. Thanks everyone for the input and help.
Davenlsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-10-2014, 05:50 PM   #16

Alpine Owners Club
My 2005 Alpine was leaking under the solar panel. I re-caulked it and the leak stopped. Also, when it rains hard and the slide is out I need to put the coach a bubble of level (sideways) to let the water roll toward the outer edge and not into the coach. If not, it comes in and drips off the corner over the sink.
tjshively is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 07:54 PM   #17

Alpine Owners Club
Western RV mounted the air horns on the roof of our Apex and routed the air line through the opening of the front A/C unit. This was discovered when the front seal was replaced due to leaking. I'd call this a design flaw.
Janet and Todd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 11:38 PM   #18

Alpine Owners Club
That was also part of our problem. Once the water got in it went everywhere because they didn't seal any of the wires up by the front a/c unit. All sealed up now and dry as a bone. Stains gone,good as new.
Old 01-11-2014, 07:19 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davenlsn View Post
That was also part of our problem. Once the water got in it went everywhere because they didn't seal any of the wires up by the front a/c unit. All sealed up now and dry as a bone. Stains gone,good as new.
I am sure several of us would like to know which method you used to remove the stains.
Algoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 09:21 PM   #20

Newmar Owners Club
TJShively, I am going to assume it's the kitchen slide, if so, it's a common problem with alpines, there is a fix, and Bobby and Scott know how to do it. I am going to have them fix mine, since I cannot figure out how to take off the crown molding to get to the metal bracket with the seam that leaks.

Today, in Hope Hull, AL, rain woke me up at 6:20 am, and when I say rain, I mean RAIN, by the bucket loads, under a sever thunderstorm watch/tornado watch. Put in the slides since I was going to leave anyway, and the coach never leaked a drop, so I guess I lucked out with all the roof penetrations on this one. In fact, it has never leaked except the big slide when the rain blows in from the rear of the coach. I will have that fixed so it does not leak. The weather stripping on the tank bay door however allows water in when going down the road. Once I get to TX, and take a couple of week layover, I will clean out the area good, and put additional stripping on the door frame to stop this water. The door has never been adjusted correctly since we purchased this thing, and maybe that will help it.
Renipladlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 08:39 AM   #21

Alpine Owners Club
Renipladlo,
2006 Alpine Coach Limited 40FD
Who are Bobby and Scott? I need to get this slide out leak over the kitchen sink fixed as the thin half round trim looks terrible :^) Our dealer's shop doesn't know how to do it.
Thanks
Pamdenco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 09:19 AM   #22

Alpine Owners Club
Bobby and Scott:

Amazing Creations Scott

Kustom Coach Works --Home Bobby

Some people we know just refer to them as "The Boys"
Janet and Todd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 10:37 PM   #23

Alpine Owners Club
Smile Water stains ceiling

My wife and I did some searching and found this recipe for a sure fired stain remover.
1/2 cup hydrogen peroxide
1/2 cup rubbing alcohol
1 cup water
Mix up all 3 in a spray bottle and spray the area do NOT SCRUB, just towel it off. Let it dry for a couple days. If there is still a little stain do it again. Remember not to scrub, it will evaporate the stain. Good luck. Dave & Anne Nelson
Old 11-21-2014, 10:47 PM   #24

Newmar Owners Club
FWIW - Water leak along floor level. Soooooo, I was at our farm, cleaning up after the renters moved, and getting some road work, and gravel dumped so I could put the RV in the barn. Found out all the trim pieces along the floor level outside the coach were not installed correctly. Under the metal piece as the base, WRV should have used some butyl-vinyl tape, then screwed those pieces of metal to the side of the coach, they just installed them without any waterproofing underneath them. As a fast fix, I just silicone up the upper edge of them. Once I figure out how the trim piece that is clipped to that piece comes off, then I will remove them, clean up my silicone caulk, put the aforementioned tape under those metal pieces and reinstall them correctly, that will keep all the water out. Evidently, this has been going on for a while, as the coach looked swollen along that level area, now since I stopped the water, the swollen look has disappeared. WRV should have kept the 5th wheel and camper market, their experiment with MH's in my opinion is a disaster, with the work ethic used in putting them together. I have had or will have had to almost rebuild the whole thing in one way or another. Knock on Wood, no roof leaks, but I tightened the hold down bolts on the a/c's when I bought the thing, they were lose, and check the roof caulking seams every year, last year I fixed the corners at each cap since the caulk looked a little beat up. Good thing, at the farm we received 8" of rain over a two week period, which was a record for that time frame. Roof never leaked, and the fix on the slide worked as well, nary a drop came into the slide. Bobby and Scott You guys ROCK.
Renipladlo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak, ceiling, water, water leak