Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-26-2022, 09:28 AM   #1

Whatís it worth? 2001 Alpine 34FDDS

Considering selling my 2001 Alpine 34FDDS. With my 2 boys in sports our trips have been fewer and far between. Iíve owned it a little over a year and bought it off the original owners. [Moderator Edit] Overall this coach has been great just donít see a lot of use coming up with my boys sports. I know thereís a lot of knowledge on this site with these coach so I am wondering what to list it for. I plan on listing it in the next week or so.
SDAlpine is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-26-2022, 09:48 AM   #2

It’s worth what someone will give at that age ! My best guess and it’s just a guess ! 28 to 35 thousand ! Like I said it’s just a guess without seeing it in person !
swampdog2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2022, 09:59 AM   #3

Alpine Owners Club
The 34' is a fairly rare model of Alpine. Lots of folks desire shorter DP's, so ask what you think someone would be willing to pay. So how do you arrive at that number? Good question. I'd start somewhere near your break even point, including maintenance and improvements, and see what happens. Without seeing it in person I'd guess somewhere in the high 40's to mid 50's...or more based on recent listings. I could be way off, don't know. Another possible strategy would be to get an appraisal, but those can be all over the place.
Ask a bit more than you think it's worth and leave some negotiation wiggle room.
Good luck with your sale.
2000 Alpine 36 FDS #74058
04 Jeep Wrangler TJ
"On the road to find out..."
Alpine36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2022, 07:55 PM   #4

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by swampdog2 View Post
Itís worth what someone will give at that age ! My best guess and itís just a guess ! 28 to 35 thousand ! Like I said itís just a guess without seeing it in person !
What year and model Alpine do you own?
2006 Alpenlite 32RL - Sold
paul65k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2022, 08:00 PM   #5

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine36 View Post
The 34' is a fairly rare model of Alpine. Lots of folks desire shorter DP's, so ask what you think someone would be willing to pay. So how do you arrive at that number? Good question. I'd start somewhere near your break even point, including maintenance and improvements, and see what happens. Without seeing it in person I'd guess somewhere in the high 40's to mid 50's...or more based on recent listings. I could be way off, don't know. Another possible strategy would be to get an appraisal, but those can be all over the place.
Ask a bit more than you think it's worth and leave some negotiation wiggle room.
Good luck with your sale.
I would highly recommend that you contact these guys. I believe it will give you the single best expert pricing opinion. The NADA (Now JD Powers) numbers are woefully inaccurate and with a true appraisal in hand, you will be able to most forcefully negotiate your position.

Good luck with the sale, the 34 is one of the most desirable models out there, and with all the things you have done, it looks like the only thing left to do (if someone wanted to) is updating the interior (Floors, etc).

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1039994259400245
2006 Alpenlite 32RL - Sold
paul65k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2022, 12:05 PM   #6

FWIW, a local dealer's salesman said their inventory is about 1/2 the usual; the market being rather strong here in N. AZ. GLWS
Old 11-27-2022, 02:35 PM   #7

What did you pay for it last year?
Old 12-20-2022, 08:58 AM   #8

Good morning
I'm a little late to the post,but your coach is a desirable year low mileage in very good condition. I own a 2001 as well and if I was going to sell mine, I would total up what I have into it and add some for my sweat equity and go from their. Now that said that doesn't mean that's what you'll get but at least you'll know where you're at and give you a good starting price.These things are all over the board as far as price, and each coach is very different as to how it's been cared for. So don't be afraid to set your price you can always drop down.
tonka96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2022, 09:40 AM   #9
Community Administrator

Tiffin Owners Club
Thread Reminder

Selling and offering to buy is not allowed by Community Rules so please keep any posts like this limited to the Classifieds.
Quote:
Post RV and RV-related sales, free items, or items wanted in the Classifieds only. Discussion forums, galleries or other sections of our site may not be used to sell or give away items, or solicit for items wanted. A brief (passing) mention that an item is listed in the iRV2 Classified area is acceptable, but must not include an item description, pricing or similar details. Please see classifieds posting guidelines below.
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote