Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-05-2007, 09:44 AM   #1

in northern ca, where can i get my front end aligned... HELP!!!
jarhead2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-05-2007, 09:44 AM   #2

in northern ca, where can i get my front end aligned... HELP!!!
Old 04-05-2007, 01:39 PM   #3

Jarhead2,
First of all, Welcome to irv2
Where in N CA are you? If you are way north I would suggest driving to Hendersons Lineup in Grants Pass, Oregon.
Loren
Old 04-05-2007, 03:23 PM   #4

I'm at the junction of I-80 & I-680 Cordilia.. There'sa a Camping World here that does alignments on moter coachs but the tire limit is 19.5 and i'm running 22.5 (guess we all are) Any other suggestions?? Thanks Chuck
Old 04-05-2007, 06:05 PM   #5

Alpine Owners Club
jarhead2,

With these big rigs the way to go is an all wheel alignment. I took my rig into the local Les Schwab dealer last spring. They have a mobile unit that goes from store to store and does alignments. Your local Les Schwab might be a good place to start.

Jeff
'98 Alpine Coach
36' FDS
Old 04-05-2007, 06:09 PM   #6

Chuck,
You are only about an hour away from our house. The people at Cordelia CW have aligned my rig, but I have 19.5" wheels.
You can try a truck shop like ATS at 1645 Parkway Blvd, West Sacramento; phone 916-373-9482.
Also try Hewitt Alinement Service, 925 S. ElDorado St, in Stockton, phone 209-948-8433.
Sort of depends on which way you are heading. I have never had any work done by either of these shops, so call ahead and if they can't help see if they can reccomend another shop.
Good luck,
Loren
Old 04-09-2007, 06:15 AM   #7

Alpine Owners Club
Chuck,If the reason you think you need your RV aliened is the sides of the tread wearing.If so your wasting your money.All Alpines do that,because WRV put cheaper trailer tires on the front.You should have either 127 or 147 Toyo.
APEXMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 02:51 PM   #8

Check your ride height adjustment also.

My Alpine was pulling to the right so I took it in for an alignment. It turned out the ride height adjustment was too high in the front and too low in the rear and this caused the alignment to be off. Once the ride height was adjusted back to the factory specicications the alignmet was perfect.

2000 Alpine Coach Limited 36FDS
Lindenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 06:26 AM   #9

Lindenburg, how was it determined that yuor ride height was incorrect? Was this just determined by measuring each side of the coach?
Ted III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 07:02 AM   #10

Lindenburg, like Ted I would like to know how your ride height was determined to be incorrect. Also, is this adjustment something that can be done by myself???
Mike & Nancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 08:02 AM   #11

Call WRV and have them fax or email you a copy of the ride hight specification for your model/year coach. On my 2000, the front is measured from the top of the front axial where the air suspension is mounted to the bottom of the chassis rail. The rear measurement is from the weld on the front of the axial to the bottom of the chassis rail.

Just looking at my coach I knew it was not adjusted correctly so I crawled under the coach and measured it. 1/2" low in the rear and 3/4" high is what I had. I talked to Dave Fernandez about adjusting it myself and he said it was easy to do. The air ride suspension manual I downloaded from the web walks you through the steps.

I would have saved some money if I would have adjusted the suspension before I took the coach in to have the front end aligned. Now I know for next time.

2000 Alpine Coach Limited 36FDS
Lindenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 09:46 AM   #12

We are having new tires put on our coach on Wed. should we be concerned with this "ride height"? Should we have that check during the installation process? Our coach rides great and does not "pull" either way.

Also, how does the ride height get out of adjustment if it was set correctly at the factory?

Chuck

'03 GMC Envoy toad
Donna & Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 10:10 AM   #13

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">WRV put cheaper trailer tires on the front.You should have either 127 or 147 Toyo. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bob - Chuck just called our tire dealer to double check on which tires we're having put on and was told that the "127" is actually a trailer tire and the "147" is an "in town" tire. We're having the 124's put on which is an "over the hwy driving" tire, simular to the 147's. Our coach came with 120s.....but they were mfg'd in Dec. 2001!
dj

'03 GMC Envoy toad
Donna & Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 12:31 PM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Toyo comm. tires
Your dealer doesn't know what he is talking about according to this Toyo chart. The 147 is a long haul- over the highway use tire. Look at the others. The 124's are local and regional haul applications.
SacsTC is offline   Reply With Quote