Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-26-2009, 06:49 PM   #1

Alpine Owners Club
Where are you going this summer?

Call me crazy, but given that the majority of the posts here are problem related, I thought it might be a nice change to share our summer/fall trips! This would be an opportunity to share where we're going and to possibly meet up or join others. I'll start.

Mid to later June: San Juans, Anacortes, Port Townsend and Port Angeles WA, with toad ferry trip to Victoria, BC.

July 4th: Long Beach, WA

Late July/early Aug: Utah and Colorado, Zion Park to Yellowstone, and many points in between.

End of August: Fort Stevens State Park, Oregon

Possible late Sept: south Oregon coast & northern CA coast

(Yes, we have new coach fever)
Cinequip is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-26-2009, 06:58 PM   #2

This year we are going to see a bunch of the USA. The only really scheduled place we have is Silverton, Colorado for a little over a week in August. Four wheeling with a great group of our friends. From there we will head north, east, south and then west, returning home late Nov/Dec. We want to hit as many parks and sights as possible. Assume lots of Wal-Mart parking lots and so forth. We plan to be in New England for the Fall color change. Will monitor the computer for timing. We want to spend a bunch of time at the Smithsonians, historical landmarks and museums. I have a brother we will visit in Georgia and my wife wants to look around northern Florida for some of her heritage. We will stop in New Orleans and see the Alamo in Texas. Our planning will be to stop at the various state information centers, internet and road signs for things to do and places to see. We are really looking forward to the trip.
Retired in Apple Valley, California
Rich and Cork is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 09:37 PM   #3

Alpine Owners Club
Patty and I are up at Wishon Village outside of Shaver Lake, CA. At 6700' we are out of the smog and heat. Last week we went fishing and caught and released 25 rainbows in 2 1/2 hours.

Come up and visit.

In September (25th-27th) we are back in the valley and holding a Alpine Rally at Club Royal Oak in Kingsburg CA. We plan on visiting Kings Canyon and Sequoia National Parks on Saturday.

[
Old 05-26-2009, 11:58 PM   #4

So far we have Sturgis SD and Yellowstone NP in August.

W
Old 05-27-2009, 07:59 AM   #5

Alpine Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Hi All,

We're leaving Central CA for Ashland, OR on June 21. Then over to the coast to Carl G Washburn State Park for a few days, up to Cannon Beach for a day or two, then over to the RV Park of Portland at Tualatin for about 4 days over July 4th. Then to Silver Falls State Park, possibly via a night at Champoeg State Park. Then back south towards Ashland with a possible side trip to Crater Lake. And, back home again on about July 11 after maybe a night or two in the Sacramento Delta area.

We'll be towing the light brown Honda CRV. Give us a toot if you see us!

Cheers!
Mike & Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 01:40 PM   #6

Janet and I are headed to Bend, Oregon from June 9 to the 19th. We are taking our bicycles so we can explore Bend while staying in 1000 Trails Sunriver/Bend.

As a happy coincidence, there is a company in Bend who replaces the seal in fogged SE-GI windows. So my co-pilot's window behind the door will be repaired.

sdcyclist
2006 36FDDS
No Toad, Just Bikes
Old 05-27-2009, 02:00 PM   #7

Sdcyclist,
I've been thinking about trying that company in bend regarding our foggy window also. If you could let us know how it turns out and if you are satisfied I'd really appreciate it.
Thanks.
Old 05-27-2009, 02:07 PM   #8

Hi Brian,

You bet, be happy to let you know. The company is Dave Root RV Glass Repair. He quoted me ~$263 to do the rectangular window behind the door.

Milo
Old 05-27-2009, 04:31 PM   #9

Alpine Owners Club
In mid-June we'll be in Petoskey, MI heading toward Munising, MI the first of July then head to Marquette, MI on July 8 for a month. After that, we'll work our way west to North Dakota (Teddy Roosevelt National Park, etc.) eventually down to Sioux Falls, SD on October 23 to renew drivers licenses. After that back to Elkhart, IN and Columbus, OH in November, then who knows for the winter - someplace warm.

Brandywine
Jim & Ingrid McIntosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 11:47 PM   #10

Alpine Owners Club
Mike & Mike,

Jessie M Honeyman State Park is just south of Florence, and our favorite Oregon State Park. It's a very large campground, but a plethora of interesting the beautiful things to see and do nearby or in the park. We often camp there twice a year.

Portland RV Park is in our back yard (figuratively speaking), so we might wander through and say hi - when do you arrive and depart?
Old 05-27-2009, 11:55 PM   #11

Alpine Owners Club
Heading to the new L.L. Stub Stewart State Park for shake down cruise #2, this Friday through Monday. Stub is 31 miles east of Portland, OR off highway 26. This park opened just a year or two ago, and features 100 or so sites all 63' long with full services including 50 amp. A big rig dream state park.

Few seem to know about this park yet, as we just booked the weekend a couple days ago, and there were 36 sites left at the time.
Old 05-28-2009, 04:56 PM   #12

Alpine Owners Club
We're spending June and July in Western Washington. Currently in Centralia driveway parking at BIL, will move to Ocean Shores in a couple of weeks - to another BIL's lot that has full hookups right off of the 5th hole on the golf course! Then on to Concrete to do some North Cascades geocaching and mom's 87th birthday, a stop in Seattle for the Jazz Festival on August 1st then down into the Intermountain area of Utah and Colorado until we head for Texas for the fall.

Barb
Blog
Barbaraok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 06:57 PM   #13

Alpine Owners Club
Another Temptation to visit Wishon. I get no commission
Old 05-29-2009, 09:11 PM   #14

Alpine Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Scott and Marcia,

We'll be arriving at the Portland RV Park on July 2 and leaving on the 6th. We'd be real happy to have you drop by for a visit. Look for our 34 footer or call me at 559-816-4528 (cell).

Thanks for the tip about Honeyman SP, we'll take a look at the map and see how that fits in.

Cheers!
trek @ 2mikeys dot com
Mike & Mike is offline   Reply With Quote