Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-24-2018, 04:12 PM   #1

Wrinkles between roof and side of my Alpine

Hi all, I have a 2005 40FDTS alpine and about 3 feet from the back I have diagonal wrinkles between the fiberglass roof and the top side of the coach. The paint is good and no leaks. Just wondering if it is structural or just something from the factory..The roof looks really straight, so there is no way the body shifted down on the chassis? Its on both sides. Anybody seen this or have any answers? thanks...
strawberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-24-2018, 06:19 PM   #2

….assume you are talking about the radius curve on the transition between wall and roof....pretty common on Alpines.....don't believe its a structural issue nor something that can be easily fixed....just consider it unique to your coach.....
New Braunfels, Texas
Old Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 07:16 AM   #3

Wrinkles on radius

thanks for the reply old scout... I never really noticed them until someone pointed it out.. Other than that the coach drives and handles like a Alpine should... very smooth..Anyone else have any comments I would like to hear? Cheers..
Old 07-27-2018, 04:34 PM   #4

Alpine Owners Club
This is a common issue, normally there is paint fading too in that era coach (2004, 2005, 2006).
DrDaveMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 09:36 PM   #5

On the 99's the veneer and fiberglass are wrapped over the radius of aluminum frame and held in place by piece of aluminum and screws running the full length of the coach. If you apply pressure to the fiberglass on the radius, you may notice some give in places, until it comes into contact with the aluminum frame. Don't know if this is the results of poor adhesion. I discover some cracks in mine, cracks you cannot see standing on the ground.
AKOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 08:36 AM   #6

Thanks for the input from all of you.. Looks like the veneer that they use to transition from the fiberglass roof to the body decides to wrinkle. Probably a adhesion issue.. Its only about 2-3 foot long and only 3 wrinkles.. Its all sealed and there is no cracks. You can see where it lifted alittle from the roof, but it is still all sealed an intact. I'm not going to loose any sleep over this.. Thanks again..

Tags
roof