Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Alpine Coach Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-22-2005, 08:05 PM   #1

Many of us do our own repairs on our Alpine coaches. When we call WRV, we are told that we must order from a stocking WRV dealer. Of course the dealer stocks nothing, so we have to wait while the dealer orders from WRV.
I think it really is time that WRV offers a direct deal for dues paying club members. And they should offer us at least a 15% discount. What does everybody think?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-22-2005, 08:05 PM   #2

Many of us do our own repairs on our Alpine coaches. When we call WRV, we are told that we must order from a stocking WRV dealer. Of course the dealer stocks nothing, so we have to wait while the dealer orders from WRV.
I think it really is time that WRV offers a direct deal for dues paying club members. And they should offer us at least a 15% discount. What does everybody think?
Old 08-23-2005, 09:29 AM   #3

Alpine Owners Club
Did I just hear you volunteer to be a stocking dealer?

Seriously, perhaps someone in the Alpine Coach Club would want to take this on; or perhaps RVupgrades.com could do it.

Not my field of expertise, though.
F&D ABQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 04:12 PM   #4

I would be a stocking dealer if necessary. BUT I would have to cover costs for stocking (floor space, shipping costs, electicity, phone, ect, ect. Won't work!! We need WRV to offer a deal to all dues paying members. What say?
Old 08-23-2005, 06:12 PM   #5

Sounds like a reasonable and favorable request to me!

I'd join up for that benefit
Old 08-24-2005, 03:39 PM   #6

well then, hopefully,one of our club officers will see this... and take up the cause.
We need to understand that WRV takes full advantage of club members by having built-in resales and friendly folks to "suggest" needed changesto new Alpine coaches.
Old 08-25-2005, 07:28 PM   #7

WRV does offer discounts to club members. This is strait from the source.

I just wanted to clarify for the masses what discounts are offered by the WRV Customer Service Center to both Alpine Coach Association and Alpenlite Travel Club members.

After SIX MONTHS of membership in either organization, members are eligible for 10% off parts and labor for service or accessory work performed at the new WRV Customer Service Center in Union Gap, WA.

Exclusions:

This discount does NOT apply to insurance or extended warranty deductibles.

Discounts are calculated on the pre-tax total.

Discounts are not applied to discontinued, damaged or obsolete merchandise such as furniture or appliances (which are already marked down significantly).

On already discounted merchandise the member will be given the lower of the sale price or 10% off regular price.

Discounts are applicable to Accessory Center items such as window awnings, slide toppers, basement slide out trays (Joey Beds), satellite systems, solar panels, etc...INCLUDING installation labor!

Discounts are also applicable to phone orders (shipping on phone orders is not discounted).

Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns. Hope this clears up any misinformation which may have been circulating.

Thanks for your assistance...I look forward to seeing you soon!

Regards,

Mike Parker, Manager

WRV Accessory Center

2921 Sutherland Drive

Union Gap, WA 98903

(509)853-2961 office

(509)457-0568 fax

I think 15% would be more inline but this is a good start.

Danny
Danny Gayhart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 07:41 AM   #8

For those who are shopping for furniture, and may be in the Yakima vicinity, the WRV parts showroom has some great bargains. You won't care that they don't qualify for the 10% discount if the recliner, bed or sofa fits your need.
Old 08-29-2005, 07:54 AM   #9

Good morning, All! Just to follow up on what EngineerMike said about furniture...if I may.

During model year change-out we usually have a limited number of sofas, recliners, barrel chairs, dinette tables, end tables, etc. At this time I've got a little of everything except recliners...sold out of those quickly. I've also got a couple of driver/pass seats.

These items are all being offered AT or BELOW actual cost...you will not find these items for less money anywhere...which is why the 10% ACA/ATC discount does not apply. Actually, I'd be MORE than happy to give anyone the 10% off of RETAIL in lieu of the special pricing (wink, wink).

Hope this helps!
Old 08-29-2005, 10:03 AM   #10

I don't care what anybody says, Mike Parker is a nice guy
Old 08-29-2005, 02:13 PM   #11

Thanks, Mike...I think...
Old 08-29-2005, 03:19 PM   #12

Alpine Owners Club
This is very timely for us. We are looking for new driver and pass seats. Our present seats only have a lap belt. We will be sure to visit when we are at homecoming.
Old 08-30-2005, 09:06 AM   #13

Tom & Patty,

Really do some research before going to seats with the 3 point safety belts. I was one of the biggest advocates for getting these and now I wish I had my lap belt seat back. The factory installed 3 point buddy seat is bigger, and the shoulder portion can not be adjusted so it cuts me in the neck. Also it seems to lock very easily, I had Flexsteel replace it and the new one locks easily.

I would really look at deminsions and determine how much room you will have around the seats. Especially with a front door!

D Greene
dkgreene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 02:26 PM   #14

Tom/Patty...I've contacted my Flexsteel rep to see if there is such a thing as a normal-sized power-adjustable passenger seat with 3pt harness and power footrest. This smaller seat may solve the infamous "belt-across-the-neck" syndrome. Throw me an email so we can communicate easier: mparker@wrv.com

Regards,

Mike