Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-20-2022, 06:46 PM   #1

National RV Owners Club
03 National Tradeswind M395 Replacement Shocks

Has anyone that has a Spartan Summit Chassis with IFS 1050 front end replaced shocks with Koni shocks? The vin tag for the chassis says 2002.

I think I got the rear part number for Koni figured out 8805 1022 . I can not confirm the front ones really anywhere. The part number off the front shock is bilstein F4-BE5-6078-HO. Any ideas?
eman588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-28-2022, 08:53 AM   #2

Spartan Chassis
Our '01 Marlin 390 has the 1050 front end. You're correct on the rears, and from what I can determine, Koni makes a 99B 3254 for the front. https://www.shockwarehouse.com/site/...-Country-Coach
I have not purchased new ones yet, so if you do before I do, please let us know how it works out.
Regards-
-Matt
Injuneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2022, 06:27 PM   #3

National RV Owners Club
Perfect. Yeah I will post back here once i do it. I'm pretty sure that's the correct front koni part number after a pile of research. Will be a couple months here still.
eman588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 08:25 AM   #4

I have replaced shocks on the IFS1050 front end

I had problems with the original shocks not performing to my satisfaction. My Bilsteins both failed within a couple thousand miles and the Monroe’s I tried were not what I expected. Koni does not spec a shock for the IFS 1050 . So with much difficulty I speced out what I thought would be a Koni shock that would satisfy my expectations. I ended up with Koni shocks specked to a Bluebird Wanderlodge. I did have to trim the dust covers “cans” due to a very slight interference with the frame at full bag deflation. Extremely pleased describes the result. I have the same Summit chassis with the Cat. Look back at my previous post regarding shocks for the Koni pert numbers I used. Although it doesn’t handle like a European sports car it’s close.
Tee1up2day is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, national, replace, replacement, shocks, wind