Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-29-2013, 11:11 AM   #1

'05 Dolphin Sun Visor Stuck

Traveling West on I-20 yesterday afternoon I lowered the auto sun visors. The passenger side did not stop but went to full extension and would not retract. Thank goodness it was not the driver’s side. The map lights are out also. The Owner’s guide says to consult your “Sun Visor manual” for information. I have a case full of organized manufactures info but nothing on these visors. I’m hoping it is just a blown fuse….Does anyone know where the fuse is located? None of the circuit breakers in the control panel are labeled as such and none are extended.

Thank you for any advice.
lenjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-29-2013, 10:30 PM   #2

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via ICQ to Fred and Bonnie
I would look for a fuse under the access panel on top of the dash, just forward of the IP.

fred
Fred and Bonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 06:21 AM   #3

Thank you, Fred. I'll check there today.
Old 10-30-2013, 07:49 AM   #4

Something else you might want to check if the fuse is ok, my dolphin has 2 switches for the visor. I would try both and if it still doesn't respond, pop the switch out and check for power and go from there. Another thing, on mine from time to time the mechanism will go up but not the shade, i just treat it like a house shade and give it a lil pull and it catches back up. I hope i was of some help.
04 Dolphin 6375 LX W-24 Chassis #434136
"The Journey is our Destination" Delmar, Md.
Dmorgan6375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 12:09 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmorgan6375 View Post
Something else you might want to check if the fuse is ok, my dolphin has 2 switches for the visor. I would try both and if it still doesn't respond, pop the switch out and check for power and go from there. Another thing, on mine from time to time the mechanism will go up but not the shade, i just treat it like a house shade and give it a lil pull and it catches back up. I hope i was of some help.
The driver and passenger side switches do not work for the shades and the map light and I discovered the radio is not working. The rocker light comes on for the house radio but the actual radio power does not come on. As far as I can tell everything else is working. I did find a schematic for fuses in the Workhorse OM that has several marked “Body Builder”. If it said radio or any type of lamp designation I changed the fuse. None of them appeared to be blown. I have no idea what PWR ACCY #1 & #2 are. They are 30 amp larger squares.

Any other suggestion or experience would be greatly appreciated.
Old 10-30-2013, 02:30 PM   #6

Are you looking at the fuses under the hood (outside) or under the dash or back in the hallway by the info panel (below it)? And like i had said, Mine has a seperate switch on both sides for the visor as well as the map-light. My Dolphin is also an LX model. There is also a fuse panel out side close to where the batterys and your inverter/charger is.
04 Dolphin 6375 LX W-24 Chassis #434136
"The Journey is our Destination" Delmar, Md.
Dmorgan6375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 05:09 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmorgan6375 View Post
Are you looking at the fuses under the hood (outside) or under the dash or back in the hallway by the info panel (below it)? And like i had said, Mine has a seperate switch on both sides for the visor as well as the map-light. My Dolphin is also an LX model. There is also a fuse panel out side close to where the batterys and your inverter/charger is.
I’ve check all the 12 volts in the hall, none of those are popped out and none reference anything that is not working. My son came by to check/change all of the fuses over the instrument panel and the fuse box under the hood. I have not located the fuse box in the converter/inverter compartment, which is my mission for tomorrow.

Is there a fuse box under the dash?
Old 10-30-2013, 05:22 PM   #8

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via ICQ to Fred and Bonnie
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenjen View Post
I have not located the fuse box in the converter/inverter compartment, which is my mission for tomorrow.

The inverter/converter compartment just forward of the entry door has a circuit breaker panel, attached to the compartment top, and several control panels on the aft compartment wall. However I doubt any control the shades or radio.

Fred
Fred and Bonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 05:53 PM   #9

Tomorrow I am going to be on the floor following the wires and see where they go.

Thanks for the help
Old 11-01-2013, 08:33 AM   #10

Wow, no tracing these wires...hundreds of them, same colors in black tubing. Time to call in a professional.
Old 11-01-2013, 12:30 PM   #11

It is fixed! I had the RV tech come out today. After doing everything my son and I had done and coming to the same conclusion that it did not make sense why he was not getting a reading with his power light on one of the rows of fuses the tech started removing them one by one. He did find a blown 20 amp fuse, replaced it then it blew again when we used the switch to sun visors. Back again with his testers, he removed and replaced the row that did not show power. Walla! Everything came on working correctly…no answer other than in my replacing the fuses one was not seated correctly in the slots. $120.00 fuse lesson. Well worth every penny. Now I can get back to thinking of something else. Thanks to all that offered advice.
Old 12-01-2013, 08:01 PM   #12

National RV Owners Club
Has anyone ever had to replace 12v motor in front shade? Have a 2006 Dolphin

Tags
dolphin