Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-01-2016, 03:48 PM   #1

06 40F TV issues

This really is a learning curve I'm trying to get the tv to work off the antenna
When the Tv is on it says it's on cable. There is a box for the Satalite remote on the side of the cabinat on the rear of same cabinat there is what looks like a switch with a b buttons on it what am I missing to hook the tv to the roof antenna. Any help with this would be appreciated
Aphinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-02-2016, 01:51 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphinn View Post
This really is a learning curve I'm trying to get the tv to work off the antenna
When the Tv is on it says it's on cable. There is a box for the Satalite remote on the side of the cabinat on the rear of same cabinat there is what looks like a switch with a b buttons on it what am I missing to hook the tv to the roof antenna. Any help with this would be appreciated
Aphinn
On many TV sets the "input" must be changed from "cable" to "antenna" on the TV itself.
Turn the TV on... press menu on the remote.... and follow the "setup" instructions on the TV screen.

Or look for a "input" or a "antenna/cable" button on the TV remote.
Woodchopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 02:18 PM   #3

National RV Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to Vaflatlander
You're right there's a learning curve there are several steps in my case I have two cables coming in one from the roof antenna 1 for cable TV. You must first find the cable coming from the antenna it is probably either the a or the B cable on that a - b switch switch it to the proper cable next assuming you have a Winegard antenna there is a power switch to turn on the amplifier red light should light find it turn it on finally go to the TV make sure it's set to antenna not cable and then in the set up scan for digital channels because you have a satellite dish there may be a third cable so you have to be sure the cable you're using is coming from The Winegard antenna. Lots of luck hope this helps
Vaflatlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 07:13 AM   #4

National RV Owners Club
Florida Cooters Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Aphinn, had the same problem on a number of motorhomes over the years... Here's a great gadget to own to help sort it all out. Klein Tools VDV512-058 Coax Explorer Plus Tester. Amazon sell these for just under $23. You screw on up to 4 color coded pieces to the ends of your cables or cable jacks then attach the reader to the other end of any cables... It indicates what color is on the other end of your cable. Easily find which coax is which. Further, the "amplifier" with a switch and a red light isn't really an amplifier. You attach the coax from the cable TV in to it's position and then attach the coax from the antenna in to it's position. The coax connector on the front goes to the main TV. There is a connector on the back to go to the 2nd TV. So when you watch Cable TV provided by the campground the red light should be off. Turn the red light on to watch over the air TV from the antenna. The device switches from cable TV to Antenna TV. Shouldn't have to have any further switching to control these two items. To add a DVD etc just use an HDMI cable.
TireKicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 04:13 AM   #5

Thanks for the help all so far here is what I have found so far
Behind the Tv in living room there is a wine guard plate that has a in and out on the back the out goes to the switch in bedroom and another out on the front that I sent to the living room Tv had to put a digital box in the loop to get living room tv to work bedroom Tv found its own channels
I have found that where a lot of cables where routed to didn't make any sense
The bedroom switch seems to be wired correct I'm assuming 3 cables into switch 1 out to Tv
It's the living. Room wiring that has me scratching.my head
Does the cable hookup for park cable go to the cable splitter in living room then get routed to both switches from there
Hoping I am explaining this so it somehow makes sense
Old 12-04-2016, 04:17 AM   #6

Should have made it clearer. We antenna is working now going to try and hook cable from the house and sort out the cable routing
Old 12-05-2016, 04:41 PM   #7

Cable working just had to reroute some wires at the living room switch all is well
Thanks for the info