Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-11-2014, 10:16 PM   #1

1995 133 Sea Breeze without heat.

I have no heater. It doesn't even burp. 1995 133 Sea Breeze, Ford 360/90. It worked fine three weeks ago when we went to Mexico without it. We came back and nothing. Everything else works fine. I've checked fuses and relays under the dash and in the engine compartment. The fuse panel under the refrigerator has every thing hot and working. I have 12VDC to the new thermostat which I just happen to have but even with it or the old one nothing turns on. The gas is good as both the refrigerator, the stove and hot water heater all work well. I don't have any voltage into the anything where the Atwood heater is located. Help - Help. Its cold up here.
K. Vickery is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-11-2014, 10:35 PM   #2

Could be a badly seated fuse. You can check a fuse for continuity but if it has bad connectionsIt May Not Pad current. You have to pull the respective fuse & check the socket for corrosion or weak spring clips, then re-seat the fuse. If you still have voltage showing on the out side of the fuse socket but none in at the appliance, the trouble is in between.
Old 02-12-2014, 06:23 AM   #3

National RV Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
What model Atwood Heater do you have? Rook

98 National Tradewinds 7370, powered by a 3126B 300HP CAT Turbo, Freightliner XC chassis
Rook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 12:48 PM   #4

I have an 8535-III unit. I noted that there is a circuit breaker somewhere in the feed circuit. I have nothing to show the location of anything and the schematic that came with the thermostat is useless. Your help is greatly appreciated.
Old 02-12-2014, 01:01 PM   #5

All the fuses check good on both sides. As I said, I'm getting voltage to the thermostat but its schematic is useless and I haven't the slightest idea where to check on the unit itself.
Old 02-12-2014, 01:20 PM   #6

National RV Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I recently replaced my furnace fan motor, same furnace as yours, and I found this U-Tube video that made it pretty simple, well not exactly, but that's another story. Some where in this short video, the RV Tech points to the little ON-OFF switch on the end of the ckt. breaker. If this switch is in the OFF position, you will have no 12 VDC to the Furnace and it will not work. Check that. Also you can see the 12 VDC RED wire that connects to one end of the breaker. If you don't have 12 VDC there, then there is a heater fuse on the 12 volt distribution panel in the last bay, passenger side, that may be blown. A schematic of the 12 volt Distribution panel is available on-line. Rook

98 National Tradewinds 7370, powered by a 3126B 300HP CAT Turbo, Freightliner XC chassis
Old 02-12-2014, 02:30 PM   #7

National RV Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Here is another video showing the ON-OFF switch as a separate switch, it's not mounted on the end of the ckt breaker like mine. Rook

You can get a larger picture by clicking on the link at the top of the insert and then when it loads expand it to full screen. Rook

Old 02-12-2014, 03:02 PM   #8

National RV Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Schematic of my 12 volt Distribution Panel showing Furnace fuse location....12v,120v power system all models (closest to ours).pdf Rook

Old 02-13-2014, 05:14 PM   #9

I have been able to isolate the problem to the blower motor. I have 12VDC going into the red motor wire and the yellow ground wire from the motor is truly grounded. How do I find the part number for the motor to order one?
Old 02-13-2014, 06:10 PM   #10

National RV Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
This is the one that I put in my Furnace....

Atwood 37357 DC Motor : Amazon.com : Automotive

Old 02-13-2014, 06:57 PM   #11

Hi Rook, Thanks a million. I disassembled the furnace and the shaft of the motor wiggles like a puppy's tail. What did you use for a replacement? I can't find PF2680Q which is on the 1994 motor.
Old 02-13-2014, 07:53 PM   #12

National RV Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
You will not find the PF2680Q motor....it's no longer made. You will have to use a compatible REPLACEMENT motor. I did a lot of research and found a reference where Atwood documentation recommended to use the motor that I referenced in the above post for the 8535 lll Furnace. It fits very well and works great. Rook

Old 02-14-2014, 09:00 AM   #13

National RV Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Vickery......removing the Burner Assembly is not required in the video......however, I finally decided to do that, to get better access to the combustion fan and now I am glad I did. It's relatively easy to do. You can examine the burner parts for wear and krud that effects the burner operation. See this thread..... Rook

Urgent Furnace/LP questions.... - iRV2 Forums

Old 02-28-2014, 05:18 PM   #14

Hi Rook,, Thanks again for all your help. I've discovered that I'm not the first person into this area on this RV. There were missing parts for the motor support. However, I've got the new one in and its really nice. But, still no heat. I'm thinking that I want to go ahead and replace that relay that sits on the motor shroud along with the air flow switch and the circuit board. Just to do a complete job of it. Any recommendations?