RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > National RV Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-16-2017, 03:59 PM   #1

National RV Owners Club
1998 Sea View 8330 Turn Signal Fuse??

Everything was working over the 4th of July week outing. Yesterday the turn signals and flashers don't work. Dead. I have running lights, headlights, brake lights but no turn signals. I checked the fuses on the drivers side panel, they are all good. I checked the fuses in the box in the engine compartment and they are all good. I can't locate the flasher module. I don't believe the fuses are in the compartment with the power management panel. Any help with where to look or a location would be greatly appreciated.
tschroer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-16-2017, 05:36 PM   #2

Welcome to iRV2.

Sorry you're here with problems .
Could you, please add your chassis manufacturer to your post .
If you haven't been under the dash on the left side of the steering column , I say that's the next place to check for chassis fuses and signal flashers.

BTW: Your signals are on a ignition switch powered circuit and the hazard flashers work direct from the batteries , so you may be looking for a couple of fuses.
Did you have a different trailer in tow ?
Old 07-17-2017, 10:25 AM   #3

National RV Owners Club
My rig is on a Ford Chassis, 460 ci. I've looked all over under the dash on the left and right sides and no additional fuse panel. These wouldn't be on an inline fuse would they? Wouldn't think so for this age. Everything else is on a spade fuse. Any hints on tracing the wiring from somewhere?
I wasn't towing anything. The lights just didn't work a week later.

Thanks in advance for any input...
Old 07-17-2017, 10:37 AM   #4

The fuses you looking for wouldn't be inline.
Unfortunately the wiring harness is loose on the frame , when the bare chassis is delivered to the coach manufacturer with a length of harness that allows for mounting and for some unknown reason the coach manufacturer decides the fuse boxes/flashers have to be HIDDEN.
The fuses should be close to the steering column and ignition switch and could be hidden behind a trim panel , did you notice any panels screwed into place near the steering column .
A while back I remember a National owner mentioning he had to remove a panel to find his flashers.
Old 07-17-2017, 10:59 AM   #5

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
tschroer-

Does your fusebox under the dash, to the left of the steering column, look like this one:

Ford F-53 F53Motorhome Chassis (1996 )- fuse box diagram | Auto Genius

If so, the flasher is the round can in the upper right corner.

You may want to read through this iRV2 thread, as well:

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f23/ford-...ls-109450.html

Finally, here's an iRV2 post with a link to a video:

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f23/1997-...ml#post3596914
l1v3fr33ord1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 11:04 AM   #6

I found this post ; with pictures in the #9 post showing the dash top lifting , I wonder if National did something similar.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f107/1999...er-100246.html
Old 07-20-2017, 09:06 PM   #7

National RV Owners Club
Update to 1998 Sea View 8330 Turn Signal Fuse

After checking out everyone's comments to my original post, I want to let everyone know what I found. The problem is fixed but it wasn't a fuse. Looking at the documentation that was posted, I located the fuse in the fuse box by the driver console by the window. It was fine. Then I tried to find the flasher unit(s). I was looking for a round silver cylinder flasher but it turned out to be a 1" sq black relay looking device. It was hidden behind the brake pedal on the firewall. My brother-in-law jumped the wires directly at the connector and the dash lights and outside lights worked so he figured that the flasher was the culprit. I "googled" the part number and it said it was the signal/hazard relay. I found a cross to a CARQUEST part and tried it and it didn't work. I contacted our local Ford Parts Dealer and they ordered a genuine Ford part and now everything works fine. Tough way to learn, but now it's documented and hopefully won't have to go through this again. Thanks again for your posts. It really helped me focus in the right direction.

Tags
fuse